Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenGalAZ

Deep Fryer

My husband and I just purchased a deep fryer for gluten free french fries, chicken nuggets and desserts (once in a while thing). We made our own french fries (cut up potatoes) yesterday and used vegetable oil, they did not really work out. Today we used the same oil and tried Ore-Ida french fries and they seemed to turn out pretty good.

We are trying to figure out the right "type" of oil to use.

Has anyone had any luck with peanut oil VS vegetable oil?

Or what type of oils do you use?

Any pointers?

Thanks! :lol:

I use Canola oil for pan frying. Im eating some killer deer fried deer steak as I type this one handed! The other is too greasy. :D

I use corn oil for deep frying fish.

I stay away from "vegetable oils" because they are just soybean oil.

Olive oil for stir fry's, Canola oil for Pan frying, and for deep frying french fries. Corn oil for deep frying.

I have heard peanut oil is best for deep frying. It does not break down at higher temperatures like olive oil. However, I could not find a big jug when I went to the store. I ended up with vegetable oil and it worked great for my onion rings (the only think I have tried in my new fryer).

Hez

Thank you for the replies. My husband is still trying out different ways using potatoes (cheaper way to go than trying with chicken etc). The information has been helpful. We are going to go check out Canola Oil at the store.

I think (before we got the deep fryer) we saw Planters Peanut Oil at Bass Pro Shop -- not sure on the price or if gluten free just walked past it at the time.

Thank you again and happy frying :)

I read someplace that about 50% of Celiacs can't have canola. I know I can't. Anyway, I find rice bran oil is great for all sorts of cooking and frying, and it has about the highest smoke point I've seen in a fairly healthy oil (about 490

My husband and I just purchased a deep fryer for gluten free french fries, chicken nuggets and desserts (once in a while thing). We made our own french fries (cut up potatoes) yesterday and used vegetable oil, they did not really work out. Today we used the same oil and tried Ore-Ida french fries and they seemed to turn out pretty good.

We are trying to figure out the right "type" of oil to use.

Has anyone had any luck with peanut oil VS vegetable oil?

Or what type of oils do you use?

Any pointers?

Thanks! :lol:

Peanut oil and Grapeseed oil are too oils that are stable at high temperatures and are good for deep frying.