• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

mommyfish4

Daughter Has Foot Pain

Rate this topic

Hello everyone. My seven year old daughter was diagnosed with celiac two years ago, and she seems to handle most everything pretty well. Lately though she has had a lot of leg pain and one foot in particular hurts her quite a bit. She has hard bumps under the skin, which the doctor says are not attached to the bone. They ache and she has to take pain medication, usually at night. My sister's friend called them calcium deposits. Could this be a celiac symptom? Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much in advance.

Your title caught my attention. When I was a child, I had terrible foot pain. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease at age 14 and later with Celiac at age 24. I am convinced that my thyroid disease caused the foot pain and leg pain when I was a child. Even today, when my thyroid meds are not correct, I will get terrible foot pain again. It is like my bones ache. I just wanted to mention this in case you want to have your daughter checked for Thyroid disease. Best of luck!

Hello everyone. My seven year old daughter was diagnosed with celiac two years ago, and she seems to handle most everything pretty well. Lately though she has had a lot of leg pain and one foot in particular hurts her quite a bit. She has hard bumps under the skin, which the doctor says are not attached to the bone. They ache and she has to take pain medication, usually at night. My sister's friend called them calcium deposits. Could this be a celiac symptom? Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much in advance.

Definitely this is related to the Celiacs. I have always had horrendous leg pain that started also in my joints. Your poor daughter. The docs couldn't figure out what was wrong and always just prescribed painmeds. If your daughter is gluten-free she should not be having these pains so either her gut is not healing very quickly or she is getting contaminated food. I would check for contamination and if that is ruled out, start her on the SCDiet for 6 months to allow her gut to heal.