Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happygirl

Virginia Beach Gluten Free/allergy Free Shopping

A new store in Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads) area recently opened. They carry many gluten free and other allergy free foods. The owners are parents of a darling son who had life-threatening allergies. They are VERY well-versed in gluten free and other food allergies, ingredients, preparation, and cross contamination.

The link to the store: http://www.navanfoods.com/

The link to a story on WVEC on Navan Foods http://www.wvec.com/video/index.html?nvid=244500&she=1

On top of all of this, they are an absolutely wonderful family.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks Laura for posting this. When we get up that way we usually go to Chesapeake or Virginia Beach. I will keep this information handy for the next trip. :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thanks for sharing that with us, Laura. I signed up for the newsletter and if we're ever down that way, I'll definately stop in. It looks like a great store! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thanks!!! We have family all over Hampton Rds as my husband and I are both from there. We are going to visit a cousin in VA Beach, so now I have another place to go. YAY!!! :lol:

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

As of this morning, the story was the most emailed on wvec.com. Apparently there is a great need for allergy and gluten free shopping in the area.

That's pretty exciting. I'm going to try to take my cousin as she has some intolerances too. I also heard there is a place on Laskin Rd called Heritage that supposedly is very holistic and has gluten free items. I'm going to check into that while I'm there too.

Laura, I'll be sure to tell them you sent me :D

Oscar Wilde

Soy free Jan 09

So, we went to Navan Foods yesterday. That store is absolutely awesome!! Thanks Laura for letting us know about them. I was like a kid in a toy shop. To be able to pick up food without having to examine and question every label... it was great. Good thing I don't live near there, I'd never go home.

If any one is ever even CLOSE to VA Beach, it is worth the trip to go there. Besides, the the owner is great and I really hope his store makes it!

Laura, I told him hello. He told us how much you helped his family figure out what was wrong with his son. That's so wonderful :D

Oscar Wilde

Soy free Jan 09

I'm SO happy that you were able to go, see the store, get good food, and meet the owners. They are so wonderful, and the best part for those with allergies, is that they "get" it---the ingredients, the cross-contact, etc. When your child has such severe reactions as theirs does, they had to learn REALLY quickly. I personally shared with them my favorite products and they carry a lot of them....and they know what their products actually taste like!

Happy you stopped by-I'm sure they were happy to see you!