This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Best Websites To Purchase Food That's Hard To Find In Stores

Dolcenotte

Dolcenotte Contributor

What are your favorite websites to purchase hard to find food brands/items? Also, I want to try some of Schar's products. I hear they are awesome. Where can I buy them retail? Online for decent prices?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Juliebove Rising Star

This one is good! But honestly I have not found one website where I can get all that I need. I always wind up ordering from several.

debmidge Rising Star

One of the problems I am encountering (on sites such as Am a zon dot com ) is that they

now require that you buy in "bulk". You have to purchase a "case" of whatever

it is that you want. You can't just buy one or two. I can't do that. This is

too much money at one time and too much product that will get stale before it

all gets used and I have no where to stow it.

gfp Enthusiast
What are your favorite websites to purchase hard to find food brands/items? Also, I want to try some of Schar's products. I hear they are awesome. Where can I buy them retail? Online for decent prices?

I would never buy Schar, they use(d) CODEX standard "gluten-free" wheat starch in many of their products (or certainly did last time I checked).

So far as I'm concerned any company making gluten-free products knowingly containing gluten @<200ppm are simply not to be trusted.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Schar cookies taste like chalk. The bread is okay, but not exceptional.

In terms of ordering products, I think ordering directly from the company website is best, if possible. It's usually cheaper that way, but if you can't find what you want, glutenfreemall.com (this website) is good too.

maddycat Contributor

I have had luck at gluten free trading company- they have a dot com shopping site. Just do a search for it, it should come up right away- they are a retail store based in Milwaukee WI. Their shipping rates are reasonable and they have a lot of stock. Good luck!

savvvyseller Enthusiast
I would never buy Schar, they use(d) CODEX standard "gluten-free" wheat starch in many of their products (or certainly did last time I checked).

So far as I'm concerned any company making gluten-free products knowingly containing gluten @<200ppm are simply not to be trusted.

Bought some Schar's pasta locally here in NJ. There is no wheat starch in either type of pasta. In reviewing many products on the company's website, they specifically state that no wheat starch is used.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Dolcenotte Contributor

Thanks for all the tips..a friend of mine's mother just left for italy and gave me all of her schar products that she had before she left because she spends half the year in italy and the items would go bad..I have yet to find these items on websites..I think it is only sold in Italy and not imported. It is the duo lunch rolls and panini burger buns.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Thanks for all the tips..a friend of mine's mother just left for italy and gave me all of her schar products that she had before she left because she spends half the year in italy and the items would go bad..I have yet to find these items on websites..I think it is only sold in Italy and not imported. It is the duo lunch rolls and panini burger buns.

Schar products are sold in a lot of places. You can get them online at www.allergygrocer.com

Archived