Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KristaleeJane

Need Help With Ingredients

Hello

I am trying to make Gluten free Fajitas, I have the gluten free wraps but I am wondering if it would be safe to use this old el paso seasoning mix, it looks ok to me but You can never be sure, here are the ingredients:

Corn Starch, maltodextrin(made in Canada),hyrlolyzed corn and soy protein, sugar, salt, onion and garlic powder, spice, chili pepper, hydrogenated soybean oil, citric acid, caramel color, silicon dioxide, mesquite smoke flavour, sulphites

I wrote to the company but they haven't gotten back to me yet. So any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krista

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't see anything in the ingredient list that raises a concern. Old El Paso have a policy that they will clearly label any source of gluten by naming the gluten source: wheat, rye, barley or oats. None of those words are in the list. It's safe.

Bon Appetit! :)

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Thanks Peter!

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.