• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

cyberprof

Taco Del Mar?

Rate this topic

Laura

I eat at Taco Del Mar all the time. Have in at least five other cities as well. You need to watch them for the cross contamination issue but it is helpful that you can watch as they make the orders. I usually have them change their gloves and at least at the one near me they are happy to do so. If you have them heat a corn tortilla have them put it between two sheets of foil. They do make their flour quesadillas in the same warmer. But my son eats them all the time with no issues. I usually just get the baja bowl which is a burrito without the tortilla. It is one of the few places where the list of what you can't have is actually shorter than what you can.

If I am eating at a Taco Del Mar in another city I do have them verify that they are using ingredients from corporate and not substitutions.

We don't have a Chipoltle near here but I will have to give it a try sometime.

Enjoy, I don't know why Taco Del Mar doesn't get more ink since it is good food reasonably prices and have a good selection of options. Although I imagine there are some individual restaurants that would not be advisable to eat at most seem fairly decent.

Laura

I eat at Taco Del Mar all the time. Have in at least five other cities as well. You need to watch them for the cross contamination issue but it is helpful that you can watch as they make the orders. I usually have them change their gloves and at least at the one near me they are happy to do so. If you have them heat a corn tortilla have them put it between two sheets of foil. They do make their flour quesadillas in the same warmer. But my son eats them all the time with no issues. I usually just get the baja bowl which is a burrito without the tortilla. It is one of the few places where the list of what you can't have is actually shorter than what you can.

If I am eating at a Taco Del Mar in another city I do have them verify that they are using ingredients from corporate and not substitutions.

We don't have a Chipoltle near here but I will have to give it a try sometime.

Enjoy, I don't know why Taco Del Mar doesn't get more ink since it is good food reasonably prices and have a good selection of options. Although I imagine there are some individual restaurants that would not be advisable to eat at most seem fairly decent.

NannyB- thanks! I'll try it.

~Laura