Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebrbetty

Help, Want To Make Toasted Almond Drink

Hi, My hubby and I want to have a couple toasted almonds with our BBQ..he bought the ingredients: Hiram Walker Coffee Brandy and Amaretto, you mix the 2 with milk..yum!

I have looked everywhere I can think of online to see if coffee brandy and amaretto are gluten-free..no luck? Does anyone know if they are safe? the only other ingredient on the bottles are carmel color

thanks very much!

Betty

If the amaretto is DiSannoro, I hope I spelled that right it, was gluten-free last time I checked. I do not know about the brandy. Many are fortified with gluten grain alcohol so you will need to check with the maker and with your own tolerance for the answer to that one. Unfortunately there are a couple of issues with alcohol that make it a risk. One is that many consider distilled gluten grains to be safe, they are not for all of us. Another is that their are no labeling regs at all for alcohol so it can be really hard to know what is in it.

Hopefully someone else will know for sure about the brandy.

Thanks for the info...The downfall is its a holiday and I can't call the company :angry: