Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Afraid Of Developing A Life Threatening Disease

I don't have celiacs but tested slightly positive for anti-gliadin antibodies. im doing my very best to avoid gluten, but sometimes its out of my control regardless of how careful I am. I was unemployed for 5 months and spent that entire time preparing my own food for the most part, but i then landed a great job in sales and am now forced to eat out most of the time. I have other food sensitivities as well and developed IBS/Leaky gut 6 yrs ago after a horrible case of food poisoning. my insides have never been the same and i beat myself up constantly for not taking better care of myself years ago after i got sick, but nuthin i can do about it now.

Anyway, i really am doing the best i can now and if i place super strict limitations on my diet (i.e. eating rice and chicken every single day) I will depressed and miserable. Thing is Im also seriously afraid that I am setting myself up for even more serious problems later in life. If I eat things i shouldnt, then i am further compromising my intestinal health and according to a lot of stuff on the web, this will set the stage for diseases like cancer, MS and lupus. I am so frustrated...I want to eat and enjoy life, but I dont wanna get very sick in 10-20 years. I also wanna do my job well and not worry every second of the day where im gonna eat and will they have anything on the menu suitable for me. Right now every day is a struggle for me and I have become a completely different person. Its been 6 years and i must confess I'm still shocked that this has happened to me. I dont know what to do. I'm currently under the care of a naturopathic physician, but every single supplement he wants me to take isnt tolerated well by my body. only thing i take routinely is Biogest digestive enzymes and the occasional probiotic.

Sorry for the long vent but i really feel so helpless.

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't have celiacs but tested slightly positive for anti-gliadin antibodies.

Why dont you think you have Celiac? Which antibodies were elevated (IgG or IgA)?

Rachel

it was stool IgA- cutoff for normal was 10 and mine was 20 - not even sure how accurate the test was since i heard they give a lot of false positives. my stool IgG was negative but at that point I already started to cut out gluten

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation