Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msmini14

Southern California?

Just wondering how many of you are located in So Cal? ;)

Nice, I used to go to Lucerne all the time love it out there. I am in Temecula about 40 miles north of San Diego.

I am in Chino Hills.....Temecula......you are getting a new pizza restaurant that serves gluten-free pizza....I hear they are pretty good...lucky you!

How cool! It is so nice having these message boards to communicate with you all! I really felt alone in this until I found this site.

A new pizza kitchen? What is it called? I buy Amy's pizza if I have the crave and it is good, just have to take a lactaid pill =)

I'm in Riverside, and would also love to know the name of the pizza place with gluten free pizza allegedly in Temecula. So far the closest pizza place I know about is Picazzos in Arizona. Also, where do you buy your Amy's pizza? My local health food store doesn't carry it.

I am in Chino Hills.....Temecula......you are getting a new pizza restaurant that serves gluten-free pizza....I hear they are pretty good...lucky you!

Oops, sorry, I added a blank reply! I am in Riverside, pretty close to Chino Hills and Temecula, and was just wondering if you have any more info about the pizza restaurant which Temecula is getting which serves gluten free pizza??? About 6 weeks ago I planned a special trip to Picazzo's in Flagstaff, Arizona just to be able to order gluten-free pizza at a restaurant. Would love to have a closer place.

Thanks!

I'm in West Hollywood. My parents are in San Diego and my sister is in Temecula.

:)

You're really close to me! I'm in West Hollywood a lot! I go at least a couple times a week! Do you have any favorite gluten free friendly restaurants? I know of some over there and some in the SF Valley.

I get most of my gluten-free items from Henrys, they carry a lot of Amy's food and it is all gluten-free. I love Henrys! I am not sure about the pizza place, I have no idea but when I find out I will post it =) Oh you guys are going to love this, I hope =)

The pizza place is Pizza Fusion and opens in mid 2008. This site looks pretty cool, check it out =)

http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com/gluten-f...rch.do?state=CA

I get most of my gluten-free items from Henrys, they carry a lot of Amy's food and it is all gluten-free. I love Henrys! I am not sure about the pizza place, I have no idea but when I find out I will post it =) Oh you guys are going to love this, I hope =)

The pizza place is Pizza Fusion and opens in mid 2008. This site looks pretty cool, check it out =)

Thanks for the information about Henrys. And also about Pizza Fusion! I checked it out and I can hardly wait!

Patty

I'm in Long Beach.

I've been watching for the Pizza Fusion to open in either Santa Monica or Dan Diego.

I prefer Glutino's pizza to Amy's. Glutino's doesn't have a grainy after taste like Amy's.

I am hoping pizzafusion will open something closer to Chino Hills....if not maybe driving to Temecula once in a while will be worth it...then freezing them. Also, I have been asking around for any good gluten-free bakeries in this general area....there is one in Culver City but that is over an hour away....any suggestions?

Lucky you, Culver City would be about a three hour drive away for me. I looked at the bakery's website, but the shipping makes it cost prohibitive for me. Temecula would actually be a shorter drive for me but I'm still not sure with the price of gas that I'm willing to drive two hours for a pizza.

I get most of what I buy from the small local organic store. They carry some Food for Life things, but frankly FFL's whole approach puts me off, plus I haven't cared for what I've tried.

I am hoping pizzafusion will open something closer to Chino Hills....if not maybe driving to Temecula once in a while will be worth it...then freezing them. Also, I have been asking around for any good gluten-free bakeries in this general area....there is one in Culver City but that is over an hour away....any suggestions?

Hi,

I'm in San Diego, and just starting in this new world. I haven't even begun to look for restaurants that will work for me. If anyone knows of anything in SD area I would appreciate it. I feel really lost at this point.

Hi,

I'm in San Diego, and just starting in this new world. I haven't even begun to look for restaurants that will work for me. If anyone knows of anything in SD area I would appreciate it. I feel really lost at this point.

You can find lots of local info on this site: http://www.glutenfreeinsd.com/

Hi babinsky,

I'm in Ontario/Upland. My friend just opened up a bakery in Montclair called Sweet Addictions about a year ago. She started baking gluten-free just for me but started making gluten-free goodies when interest grew. She offers gluten-free goods every Thursday (call for availability - she always sells out) or you can make special orders throughout the week (including B'day/wedding cakes). She's in a shared facility, however, she uses dedicated pans/utensils and the gluten-free ingredients are quarantined. She's very careful - we've never had a reaction. She makes THE best red velvet cream cheese frosted cupcakes ever! If you have any questions, talk to Annette (she's the owner) www.sweetaddictions.biz Maybe I'll see you at her shop one of these days ;) Enjoy!

Hi MsMini14,

I'm right by you, I'm in Ontario.

Thanks for sharing the gluten-free registry site - I haven't seen that one before. Very good source of info! :)

Hi Cherry!

I will have to order some pastries oneday, oh that would be good. I wonder if I can make the order on Thursday and pick up over the weekend since I am chained to my desk M-F lol.

Jen