Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babinsky

Are All The Good Bakeries On The East Coast

I have been ordering and spending a fortune on shipping....does anybody know of any gluten-free bakeries in the LA, Orange County or San Bernardino County areas? I know there is one called the Sensitive Baker in Culver City but their options are somewhat limited. I would love to find someplace that has the quality of some of the Eastern Bakeries.

Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh SOUTHERN California .. .

There must be some. I'm in San Jose & around the Bay Area I know of 3.

Berkeley, Pleasanton & Pacific Grove.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Could you be more specific about the NoCal ones? I only know of Mariposa.

As far as I know The Sensitive Baker is the only SoCal one. I was just in LA, and their stuff is really good. In fact I'm eating one of their rolls right now.

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Could you be more specific about the NoCal ones? I only know of Mariposa.

I haven't been to any of them, tho if I'm ever in Berkeley, I'd sure want to at least look around Mariposa.

(Can't eat so many things beyond just gluten)

The Pleasanton one is http://www.annettesglutenfreebakery.com/

Pacific Grove has http://www.centralavenuebakery.com/

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Food For Life is located in Corona. I don't know if they do shipments to individuals, but their website has a store finder. Their phone # is 1-800-797-5090.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Mariposa bakery is fantastic! Just had lunch there a few weeks ago.

Some of my favorites include:

coffee cake

white bread

biscotti

breakfast muffins (YUM!)

I didn't like their pizza shells too much.......really dry. better to make at home. The brownies were good too, if you like REALLY chocolate-y things. But, I do plan to order a few things from them...I'm in central California (Clovis) and it's worth it to me.

:)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Thanks to all......seems I will just have to keep ordering and shipped. The Sensitive Baker is about an hour away, they have very good crusty rolls and great breadsticks but I was hoping to find "full" bakeries like the ones on the east coast. For anybody who is a great baker we are an open market!

Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna