This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Geographic Location

Guest Leidenschaft

blueshift Apprentice

Well, I think I got this right..It should be in my signature showing that I live near Chicago..There are a lot of good stores near me..I am very fortunate for that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BamBam Community Regular

Hi - I live in Miles City Montana - I updated my signature!!

I have access to a small health food store here in Miles. I go to Billings MT - and they have several. My sister lives in Washington and she goes to Trader Joes for me once in awhile. I also order on the internet - especially - "Manna From Anna" That is the best bread in the world!!

BamBam

Guest sushi

Hi all,

I don't order anything from mainland companies because postage costs more than the food. I live in Kaneohe, Hawaii. Aloha

Susette :D

2old4 Rookie

Hello- I'm way far east- State of Maine ;) 2old4 Patty

psawyer Proficient

I am in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Markham's southern border abuts the city of Toronto.

More about where I live: Open Original Shared Link

I was diagnosed, as shown in my signature, in 2000, but I know from symptoms that I had celiac disease for a long time before that. I had various gastric symptoms for more than 30 years before diagnosis. They got worse over time, and I am sure that I had full scale celiac disease in 1994. None of the doctors could figure it out. My wife learned about celiac disease from the Internet, and I asked my doctor about it...

The avatar is a recent photo of me.

sweeet-pea Rookie

Just seeing if mine worked!!! ;)

Bonnie Explorer

Is there NOBODY from my neck of the woods? I live in Durban, South Africa. Needless to say I can't get any of the products you guys discuss!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Viola

That's too bad Bonnie that you can't get some of these products :( Can you get much there that is gluten free?

What about you susette? Can you get much in Hawaii?

citygirl114 Newbie

Just me.....great idea :D

Guest Viola

Hi Penny, Tammy and I will be in your area next month. We have to go to Victoria for a wedding. Tammy (Leidenschaft) will be bridesmaid :D Do you know of a special place in Victoria?

citygirl114 Newbie

Hi Shirley

Are you looking for sight seeing adventures? I am in Nanaimo but there are so many great places to see. Have you been to Victoria before? Buchart Gardens is beautiful....tour the waterfront lots of neat places....china town is cool......the wax museum if that is your kind of fun.....search out Victoria on the web and you will find an endless amount of information....

One of my favourites is the Craigdarroch castle it is supposed to be haunted....

Open Original Shared Link

Hope this helps

Enjoy your vacation and have a safe trip. :D

Guest Viola

Hi Penny, yes, we have done all of those except the castle! Will surely have to put that on my list. Tammy used to live in Victoria, so we have been several times, however at the time Tammy was not a diagnosed Celiac. I was wondering if you have a favoutite place to eat :P I love Nanaimo as well, quite a lovely city. We are hoping to get to Cobble Hill to visit friends, but will have to see how the time goes with all the wedding activities. We will be staying at my hubby's cousins place. Thankfully, they are quite careful with my diet :)

Bonnie Explorer

Hi Shirley,

I can get Glutano products but its a bit of a mission and so expensive. The crackerbread and biscuits are easily available though. Oh and I found some Envirokidz flakes - divine!

I just read the forum and drool over the donuts and stuff you guys can get!

Yvonne

Guest Viola

Yvonne, if you can get the Envirokids flakes, can you also get their rice bars? They come in chocolate, peanut butter and berry, and are quite good. If you don't get them now, perhaps your shop can order them as they are already ordering from the same company. :rolleyes: That would give you something else, I know it isn't donuts and blueberry muffins, but at least it's a nice portable snack that you could stick in your pocket.

Archived