Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ursa Major

Travelling Again

Hi everybody, in case people wonder where I've gone, I am in Ottawa with my oldest daughter and her family right now. I drove today, a 5 1/2 hour drive, got here at 5:30 PM, ate something and went with the family (parents and five kids ages 22 months to 8) to my son-in-law's baseball game (the 'high-tech league', as it is a fun thing with companies playing against each other, and my son-in-law is an electrical engineer and works for a company called 'Chipworks'). They won 18 to 11, yeah!!!!!! My son-in-law played awesome.

Now that everybody else has gone to bed I am having some quiet time for myself.

Tomorrow will be busy, with Emily and Meghan (8 and almost 6) having their ballet recital dress rehearsal in the afternoon, and the recital tomorrow evening. On Thursday after lunch Emily and I will take off, and do that trip (visiting family) we meant to do last time, but couldn't because first I had the stomach flu, and then she did.

It turns out that we will be attending two birthday parties on Friday for a little cousin who is turning 4 (well, second cousin, close enough). First a lunch one for her little friends, and then a more grown-up one in the evening.

Because one of the girls has a peanut allergy, and Emily and I are gluten intolerant, and Emily is intolerant to the combination of grain and eggs as well (plus dairy), I (with Emily's help) have been elected to be responsible for baking and decorating the 'everything free' birthday cake for the lunch birthday bash.

I brought my own baking pan and decorating stuff, so there will be no cc.

Then on Saturday morning we will move on to visiting my husband's uncle and aunt, who are excited about seeing us. It turns out that maybe one of their daughters and family will come as well, which means that Emily will have three kids around her age to play with.

I think we will have lots of fun, and get to spend some one on one time, as well as her getting to play with some cousins who she doesn't see very often.

When I talked to the birthday girl the other day (she is always excited to see me, I am sort of like a grandmother to her, her grandma died last year, a very special aunt I miss a lot) and told her that Emily and I will come to her birthday party, she informed me that since I am coming to her birthday, I will need to bring her a present. Of course, I agreed that I better. :wub::D

Anyway, after tomorrow I won't have access to the Internet any more (or at least not enough to come here). And tomorrow I may have no time.

So, I'll be back on Monday!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):