Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So...every day I have been visiting this board and in the upper left corner there has been an ad sitting there, taunting me! It says "We heard you - Rice Chex are now gluten free!" Hurray! I love Rice Chex! So I went to the store today and recalling the ad, I stopped in the cereal isle to check out rice chex. I look on the side for a list of ingredients and to my dismay there it is...right in the middle of the little paragraph..."Barley Malt Extract." GRRRR!

So what's the deal? Why the ad? Someone is going to get glutened! :blink:

-Anna

Crohn's like GI symptoms, Multiple Sclerosis like Gluten Ataxia, Arthritis like joint pain, Myositis like muscle weakness, DTV like swelling, Chronic Fatigue, weight loss, hair loss, vision changes, anxiety & depression. I thought I was either dying or I had completely lost my mind!

Gluten Free since May 17, 2008

Started feeling like a new person after only 3 days gluten free and it is 100% worth LIFE!

-Anna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You must watch for the new box. The new box says Gluten Free on the front. There are still some old boxes out there and yes, they do still contain gluten. The company has not dedicated a line completely to Rice Chex, just for gluten free. From what I understand, if the product goes over well, they may make more of their Chex cereals gluten free. Keep watching and you will find the right box. Walmart, Target's, even many of the grocery stores do have the new box. So far, it's only in one size, 12.8 oz box. We promise, it's out there!!!!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Yep, your store must still have the old boxes out. The new ones say Gluten Free and there is no barley listed. I have found the new boxes for a few weeks now in one grocery store but at others not so much luck. Keep looking though :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif