Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

judy05

Sugar Substitutes

I developed a migraine today 30 min after drinking a cup

of tea at a convenience store. The tea was decaffinated

made by Lipton's in a yellow packet. I picked up a packet

of sugar substitute, pink in color, which i thought was

Sweet N Low. I'm going back tomorrow to find out for sure,

what a stupid mistake. I usually get a migraine after

an accident.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:( sorry you think you were glutened judy--we try so hard-----i have not found a sweetener we cant have--the only thing in sweeteners questionable is maltodextrin and in the USA it is made with corn or potato starch--lipton tea is generally ok too---i use splenda, equal, nutrataste, store brands, i have used sweet-n-low, but have never liked it--i tried stevia and it is just to sweet---maybe there was something on the cup---who knows--sometimes you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out where the gluten came from--a few weeks ago i did that--i was compulsive about it and it was making me crazy, made my man crazy and he got so upset he decided it was him that glutened me with a kiss--that's when the compulsion quit--i told him if i get glutened with a kiss, then so be it--i am trying not to be so "nuts" about the whole thing, its bad enough when i make me crazy, but cant do it to others too :( ------deb

Lipton tea is gluten-free--that's not your problem.

gluten-free artificial sweeteners include: Natrataste, Equal, Sweet n Low, Stevia, and Splenda...there are probably more, but these are the ones I know about :)