Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Sugar Substitutes

I developed a migraine today 30 min after drinking a cup

of tea at a convenience store. The tea was decaffinated

made by Lipton's in a yellow packet. I picked up a packet

of sugar substitute, pink in color, which i thought was

Sweet N Low. I'm going back tomorrow to find out for sure,

what a stupid mistake. I usually get a migraine after

an accident.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:( sorry you think you were glutened judy--we try so hard-----i have not found a sweetener we cant have--the only thing in sweeteners questionable is maltodextrin and in the USA it is made with corn or potato starch--lipton tea is generally ok too---i use splenda, equal, nutrataste, store brands, i have used sweet-n-low, but have never liked it--i tried stevia and it is just to sweet---maybe there was something on the cup---who knows--sometimes you can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out where the gluten came from--a few weeks ago i did that--i was compulsive about it and it was making me crazy, made my man crazy and he got so upset he decided it was him that glutened me with a kiss--that's when the compulsion quit--i told him if i get glutened with a kiss, then so be it--i am trying not to be so "nuts" about the whole thing, its bad enough when i make me crazy, but cant do it to others too :( ------deb

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

I use Stevia with no problems. I actually really enjoy the taste...... I even like it better than sugar.

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Archived