Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerri

To Go Gluten Starch Free Indefinate

My doctor has advised me to go Gluten, starch free indefinate.

He said I can't have celiac, because I am constipated all the time. I have much bloating, IBS, leaky gut, diabetic (controlled by diet) want me on insulin, many allergies. Gluten and starch cause swelling, brain fog, much pain from arthritis(s), have liver disease, severe sleep apnea, mild copd and the list goes on. Severe allergies, and liver disease, can't take medication. In lots of depression. Being checked for Lupus, sister has Lupus. Rheumatory arthritis runs in family.

Hugs

Gerri

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, at least he told you to go gluten-free. But he is misinformed; constipation can also be a symptom. You most definitely can be Celiac, and with all the other things you have said, it sounds like you do.

Do you like this doctor?

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Well, at least he told you to go gluten-free. But he is misinformed; constipation can also be a symptom. You most definitely can be Celiac, and with all the other things you have said, it sounds like you do.

Do you like this doctor?

Hi, if for the fact it's impossible to find another doctor, he is my doctor. My husband thinks he is a good doctor, because doctor is right there treating him and referring him to other doctors when needed. I don't understand him because of my hearing disorder. Like you said he is misinformed about constipation being a symptom of Celiac. I wish there was more doctors here.

Since increasing the gluten and starch in my diet, my joints in my hands have swollen. Most of my joints are paining me more. In some ways it looks like Rheumatory arthritis developing because of added gluten. He treating me like I have celiac, by telling me to be on a gluten free starch free diet indefinately.

Hugs

Gerri

Hi, if for the fact it's impossible to find another doctor, he is my doctor. My husband thinks he is a good doctor, because doctor is right there treating him and referring him to other doctors when needed. I don't understand him because of my hearing disorder. Like you said he is misinformed about constipation being a symptom of Celiac. I wish there was more doctors here.

Sorry to hear that. But, my GP isn't very well informed about celiac disease. But I really like her, so I'll teach her along the way. Where she lacks there, she makes up for in many other ways.

Since increasing the gluten and starch in my diet, my joints in my hands have swollen. Most of my joints are paining me more. In some ways it looks like Rheumatory arthritis developing because of added gluten. He treating me like I have celiac, by telling me to be on a gluten free starch free diet indefinately.

And there is something to be said for that. At least he's not telling you to not waste your time on some unnecessary diet. Hang in there... the gluten-free diet can be difficult at first, but it's well worth it if it helps to restore your health.

Ask any questions, we're always happy to help!!!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09