Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iheartbostons

Does This Mean I Dont Have Cd?

I have been wheat free for about 8 wks in hopes of releaving symptoms such as nausea, low energy, loose stool, brain fog etc. etc. etc. Well It helped with some of the symptoms like brain fog but I still felt nausea and loose stool. So I was beginning to wonder if I really have a prob with wheat. I bought an otc med called Digestive advantage for Ibs. Since then I have felt better very little nausea and stool back to normal. Well I decided to eat wheat to see what it would do since I had the day off the next day I ate pizza and buffalo wings, YUM! :rolleyes: I felt great the next day!! So last night I had homemade mac and cheese and Im fine this morning! What do you all think. Could my prob be Ibs or is my body tricking me. I just dont really believe that I have IBS cause the symptoms are more like celiac. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You can eat gluten and not have reactions but it stilldoes the damage if you have Celiac Disease. Did you got glutenfree of wehatfree? Before being dignosed I could eat a lot of things without getting painfully sick but after being 100% gluten-free get very bad sick as soon as I eat them. That's not the case for everyone though. If you want to make sure you don't have Celiacs then go to your doctor and get the blood test.

Good luck!

If you've been tested positive for celiac, then you have it and you're hurting your body regardless of whether you feel it or not.

I noticed that you used the word "wheat" constantly, but never gluten. You do realize that celiac disease results in an intolerance to not only wheat, but also rye, barley, etc., right?

I agree with Kristina that the best thing to do is get tested--this will give you the definite answer to your question. If you've already been tested positive for celiac, just start the diet ASAP.

I agree with exactly what was said in the previous 2 posts...get tested and if you have tested positive ..you are celiac. A lot of people go without having symptoms meanwhile their small intestine is being totally destroyed.

Having both IBS and gluten intolerance (but not Celiac Disease) I can tell you that you sound like you have symptoms of either. If you haven't done it yet, do yourself a favor and get the simple blood test for celiac disease. It will be the easiest test you've ever taken and is very sensitive. If you follow the Rome II criteria for diagnosis of IBS then you will have to take it anyway, since the symptoms are so similar. There are also a lot of other invasive tests you should have, like a colonoscopy to test for Irritable Bowel Disease and Crohns. But with IBS, if you follow a (proven) recommended diet, you will have to cut out the fats, and dairy to start feeling better. Digestive advantage is simply some mild probiotics that help the good gut flora. A lot of IBS'rs find that probiotics and digestive enzymes help, just as celiac disease folks do. If done right, a good IBS diet is just as restrictive as a gluten-free diet, with the difference being that IBS is not life threatening, but celiac disease IS!!

Kandee