Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, I am DQ2 positive. My doctor says "You have a high risk for Celiac Disease and the fact that your symptoms nearly resolved on a gluten-free diet indicates a high likelihood that you have Celiac Disease."

I'm not exactly sure that I should be so happy about this, except that I finally feel validated. Some thing to be validated about right? But I finally feel like my quest in getting to the bottom of this is over, HOORAY!!! And now I can truly focus on continuing to stay well.

I really appreciate everyone's words of wisdom and help throughout this whole process. When I came here, I pretty much knew nothing. Now, I feel like I can take on most anyone; including an unknowledgable GI... :lol: I still feel I have a lot yet to learn. I would truly have been lost without everyone on this forum!!!

Oh, as a quick side note: He ended his letter by saying "Thank you for allowing me to participate in your healthcare."

I LOVE THAT!!!!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh, as a quick side note: He ended his letter by saying "Thank you for allowing me to participate in your healthcare."

I LOVE THAT!!!!

That is impressive! :D

Congrats on getting to the bottom of things, and you're right--now you can focus on getting well and staying healthy. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Depends which way you look at it - is it a genuine comment of is he being cynical???!!!

Me - I read the cynical in everything!!

Ali - 50 - struggled with what I now know to be GI symptoms and poor carb digestion for at least 35 years! Diabetic type II (1997). Mother undx Celiac - lifelong diabetic Type 1 & anemic (plus 1 stillborn and 10 miscarriages after me). Father definitely very GI.

Stopped gluten & dairy, Jan 08, but still other issues so dropped most carbs and sugar and have been following the Specific Carb Diet (SCD) since March 08. Recovery slow but steady and I can now eat a much broader range of foods especially raw which are good for my digestion and boost my energy level.

Not getting better? Try the SCD - it might just change your life.........

Depends which way you look at it - is it a genuine comment of is he being cynical???!!!

Me - I read the cynical in everything!!

No, he's not being cynical. He truly is a fantastic doctor. He also knows I will walk away from him if he doesn't listen to me... :rolleyes:

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09