Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

upearly_shelly

New Member From G-ville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

G-ville?

City? State? Country?

Welcome to the site.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hello! My name is Carolanne...and I've lived in Florida for over 20 years. I am a Celiac, and I've been Wheat-Free for 20 years, and Gluten-Free for over 3 years. I'm trying to locate people who live Gluten Free here in Florida...and it's not been easy. Most of the links I've found have been disconnected or discontinued...and I'm having a devil of time finding people to connect to. I'd really like to find others who are interested in getting together...and I understand that I am not alone. I've read several posts from people looking for help, Doctors, restaurants, support groups, meetups and such here in Florida.

GlutenFreeInFlorida-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I've created a Yahoo Group in the hopes of connecting with other people here in the Sunshine State...and to help others connect as well. I'd like to know if anyone is interested in something that will enable you to contact others in your own local area. I'd like to make more information available to people who are living Gluten-Free in Florida.

Hi, Michele!

Welcome! My doctor is Dr. Leibach at Digestive Disease Associates, out near North Florida hospital. They are familiar with Celiac, and that is where I was diagnosed, although they gave me some outdated info on the diet. I just went in not knowing what was wrong and a PA there ran a bunch of blood tests on me. I'm very grateful that they were able to tell me what it was so fast!

There is no support group here currently. I'm very interested in getting together with people, and a few were interested back in May and were supposedly getting together for a potluck, but to my knowledge it didn't materialize. Depending on what you find out, stay in touch and maybe we can get something going! Good luck.

diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy

gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke