Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa63

Vinegar

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Distilled vinegar is now considered gluten free. Malt vinegar is of course not gluten free. Those who are super sensitive may react to the grain based products, but they are few among us.

You can do a search here for more information.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

You could try rice vinegar as an alternative. its not difficult to find

Can anyone tell me why vinegar is bad for celiac disease and why it causes soooo much pain? This confuses me a little. Thankyou!

I don't tolerate ANY type of vinegar. It messes with me the next day. big ole 'd'

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Can anyone tell me why vinegar is bad for celiac disease and why it causes soooo much pain? This confuses me a little. Thankyou!

Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for me. It helps me in a number of ways. But I am new and not sure about anything.

I just discovered that coffee and caffein are not good. And I pee so much and so frequently since cutting out wheat.

I am using some glutten free products. Someone mentioned just doing something like Teff till the infection goes away.

I do think I need a good book because I am getting so confused. I thought I would feel better by now. I thought just going gluten free would make me feel better.

I am just tired all the time. I sleep quite a bit. I am falling behind on houseword and homework. I am a full time student.

Don't know how I am going to live without coffee. I just parted with cigarettes and gluen...I think one more thing will just be impossible.

Is it common for people to have candida and be Celiac?

Lots of questions.

Nancy

try apples they are supposed to be more effective at waking you up than coffee anyway :)

I am using some glutten free products. Someone mentioned just doing something like Teff till the infection goes away.
Infection? Since there doesn't seem to be any mention of one, this doesn't seem very clear to me, unless it has to do with your question about candida. But teff is a decent gluten-free grain - very nutritious.

Don't know how I am going to live without coffee. I just parted with cigarettes and gluen...I think one more thing will just be impossible.

Is it common for people to have candida and be Celiac?

Not ever being a coffee drinker, I don't have any experience in what helps in ditching that habit, but I'm sure others do. What I do know is that it isn't healthy, and one reason why is that it acts as a diuretic. So I suppose that means more frequent urination, thus compounding the nutrient losses already associated with Celiac. As for candida, yes, it is quite common, and in fact vinegar is one of the things to avoid if you have candida issues, along with sugars, yeasts, and fruits.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I don't tolerate ANY type of vinegar. It messes with me the next day. big ole 'd'

Have you looked into candida?? It is my understanding that there are vinegar issues with that.

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free