Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I dont understand why..........if i am completely healed and everything is normal (endoscopy), then why do i still have food sensitivities and dont feel back to normal. I still get the stiff neck and burning eyes when i eat certain foods (I still cant figure out what foods cause this). The fatigue and bloating still occurs frequently...........WHY!

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My first thought is that since damage to the villi is often spotty, and frequently missed, I wouldn't be surprised if there is still some recovery left to do. Therefore, malabsorption seem likely to be causing some of what you're describing. Also, food sensitivities aren't always expected to completely disappear on a gluten-free diet. If a particular food gives you problems, don't eat it. Figuring that can be tricky, but the typical advice is to start a food journal, and look for patterns in how you feel in relation to what you've eaten. The correlation may only be seen over the course of several days. It just depends on how long it takes for the symptoms to manifest.

Other than that, I'd recommend taking a few supplements, if you aren't already. For fatigue and bloating, try magnesium, a sublingual methylcobalamin (vitamin B12), zinc, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D3, and a decent B-complex. Also avoid sugar and caffeine.

Burning eyes is something reported in related to candida overgrowth. Have you looked into that?

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Info to help with the supplements: go to swansonvitamins.com. Cheap compared to health food stores. 5 bucks for shipping in less than a week. Ask them to send you a catalog 1-800-437-4148

Ex: super stress complex B vitamins 100caps $4.79 and vitamin C bioflavonoid complex 250 caps $6.99

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

You know, I'm coming close to four years gluten free and I'm FINALLY feeling really really healthy. Last year was already good but this year I can clearly notice that I have more energy.

Even so, I have a list of foods that I still avoid, and I'm not expecting to introduce any of them any time soon, since I'm feeling so well right now.

One and a half years feels like a long time I know but you might just still need a year or two to really recover. I hope you're feeling at least some improvement though?

Pauliina

My first thought is that since damage to the villi is often spotty, and frequently missed, I wouldn't be surprised if there is still some recovery left to do. Therefore, malabsorption seem likely to be causing some of what you're describing. Also, food sensitivities aren't always expected to completely disappear on a gluten-free diet. If a particular food gives you problems, don't eat it. Figuring that can be tricky, but the typical advice is to start a food journal, and look for patterns in how you feel in relation to what you've eaten. The correlation may only be seen over the course of several days. It just depends on how long it takes for the symptoms to manifest.

Other than that, I'd recommend taking a few supplements, if you aren't already. For fatigue and bloating, try magnesium, a sublingual methylcobalamin (vitamin B12), zinc, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D3, and a decent B-complex. Also avoid sugar and caffeine.

Burning eyes is something reported in related to candida overgrowth. Have you looked into that?

I have been tested twice through stool and blood and results were negative for candida

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer

You may always have food sensitivities, that may never go away. When you stop eating the foods that are causing the problem, that's the reason why you do start to feel better, reintorducing them to your diet, will cause you to feel bad again, as a rule. Sometimes, you can eat some of those foods again, but not always.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Based on symptoms and everything you've mentioned in previous threads I'd guess that you have Leaky Gut. I also get stiff neck/burning eyes....as far as I know those two symptoms are common with regards to toxicity.

Rachel

I've said it before and I'll say it again: try an elemental diet formula for a couple weeks. No other foods. Tolerex or Vivonex are the hotness. They will give your stomach some time to recover. If you keep eating regular food and trying different elimination diets you most likely will never get to the heart of the problem.

Based on symptoms and everything you've mentioned in previous threads I'd guess that you have Leaky Gut. I also get stiff neck/burning eyes....as far as I know those two symptoms are common with regards to toxicity.

How do i get rid of leaky gut?

does Gastritis cause leaky gut?

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer

How do i get rid of leaky gut?

Best I know is good diet and time. Avoid sugar, alcohol, caffeine, artificial stuff. Simple foods which are easier to digest would probably work better, while things like meat and soy might sit in the gut too long. Beans, nut, and peanut butter might not work well either. I know whenever I ate meat, it just made me feel awful. Intestinal yeast seem to love poor environments and leaky gut, so do be aware that it can creep up on you. I don't know how accurate blood and stool tests are for it, but apparently the spit test is highly regarded.

Fiber is supposed to help pull toxins from the body. I've read about apple pectin being good for this sort of thing too. Something tells me coconut oil would be a good idea as well.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.