Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I saw my surgeon yesterday hoping to get a date for an endoscopy.

He thinks that we should screen for parasites through stool testing first, before we start talking scopes.

Did anyone else get tested for parasites too?

I read in an article on the web that parasites can be caused by food allergies - so can having a gluten allergy/intolerance cause parasites?

Just curious... :)

~Kim~ Gluten-Free since July 2008

9 inguinal hernia surgeries in 3 years (2004-2007)

Symptoms Pre-Dx: constant abdominal cramps, acid reflux, nausea, vitamin B12 deficiency, chronic constipation, fatigue, hyperhidrosis, migraines

July 7/08 - tTG 1 (+>4) - Diagnosed with IBS, given Rx, sent home to "relax"

Gastro refused biopsy as I had "already been though enough"

Enterolab Results (Aug 2008) - Fecal Antigliadin IgA 11 (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular Analysis, Allele 1 0202

HLA-DQB1 Molecular Analysis, Allele 2 0301

Sept/09 - New GP gave Celiac Dx based on response to diet and family history

National Celiac Disease Conference 2010 Volunteer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had a tapeworm and roundworms .... they did NOT show up in testing! :o Stool testing does not show all parasites, but it is a valuable things to do.

I found the tapeworm/roundworms when I started taking Humaworm (www.humaworm.com) for the bacterial overgrowth that was discovered in the parasite testing.

I felt SIGNIFICANTLY better when I got rid of the parasites.

If your body was healthy, the parasites would not want to be there. I consider them to be a symptom that you are unbalanced, or are good terrain for them. So, you might have them, might feel better getting rid of them, but still need to fix the circumstances that caused them to want to live there.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I had a tapeworm and roundworms .... they did NOT show up in testing! :o Stool testing does not show all parasites, but it is a valuable things to do.

I found the tapeworm/roundworms when I started taking Humaworm (www.humaworm.com) for the bacterial overgrowth that was discovered in the parasite testing.

I felt SIGNIFICANTLY better when I got rid of the parasites.

If your body was healthy, the parasites would not want to be there. I consider them to be a symptom that you are unbalanced, or are good terrain for them. So, you might have them, might feel better getting rid of them, but still need to fix the circumstances that caused them to want to live there.

So then if I have a gluten allergy (that is poisoning my body because I have to keep eating it) , is that enough for me to be a host?

~Kim~ Gluten-Free since July 2008

9 inguinal hernia surgeries in 3 years (2004-2007)

Symptoms Pre-Dx: constant abdominal cramps, acid reflux, nausea, vitamin B12 deficiency, chronic constipation, fatigue, hyperhidrosis, migraines

July 7/08 - tTG 1 (+>4) - Diagnosed with IBS, given Rx, sent home to "relax"

Gastro refused biopsy as I had "already been though enough"

Enterolab Results (Aug 2008) - Fecal Antigliadin IgA 11 (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular Analysis, Allele 1 0202

HLA-DQB1 Molecular Analysis, Allele 2 0301

Sept/09 - New GP gave Celiac Dx based on response to diet and family history

National Celiac Disease Conference 2010 Volunteer

So then if I have a gluten allergy (that is poisoning my body because I have to keep eating it) , is that enough for me to be a host?

My guess would be yes. For me, my gluten intolerance was also secondary, so I can't say for sure.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06