Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fletchffletch

Yet Another Question About Stool...

A few weeks after starting the gluten-free diet, I began getting a lot of clearish fluid in my stool (had mostly normal stool before gluten-free diet -- asymptotic except for DH). Best way to describe it is kind of like saliva. I've read several post on mucous in the stool -- this could possibly be mucous, but it seems a lot thinner than what I consider normal mucous. Anyone else have this? It's probably an indication of something ("everything comes down to poo", ya know). I've been keeping a food journal for months and doesn't seem to be related to anything....

"It doesn't really matter if it's hard or if it's loose

We'll figure out what's ailing you, as long as it's a deuce!

Everything comes down to poo!"

"From the top of your head, to the sole of your shoe

We can figure out what's wrong with you by lookin' at your poo!"

34-year old male

Diagnosed DH/Celiac: Dec 07 (intestinal and skin biopsy, positive bloodwork)

gluten-free: Dec 07

dairy-free: Jul 08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have had this mostly when I was eating gluten. SOmeties it would be with the stool, other times I would get the sensation to go and all that would come out was the mucous stuff, but like you said it is more like saliva, but thicker than water. I recently had this again while gluten free. it happens mostly wheni get constipated. I would really like to know what it is also! I'm almost thinking it is something our bodies make to protect the colon? especially in my case I was severly constipated, it literally was hard as a rock. I need to see a GI doc though becaue I also get blood from irritation...

ok I think I'm done with my poop descriptions LOL!

it happens mostly wheni get constipated.

Now that you mention it, I get the saliva/mucous mostly during bouts of constipation as well. Interesting...

34-year old male

Diagnosed DH/Celiac: Dec 07 (intestinal and skin biopsy, positive bloodwork)

gluten-free: Dec 07

dairy-free: Jul 08

I'd forgotten about that . . . I used to get that quite often before I went gluten free, including the urge to go and there only being the mucus. Huh.

Gluten-free since April 2007.

Also dealing with Fibromyalgia, Depression, PCOS, PMDD, and Menopause, but otherwise extremely healthy. :)

Found out I have Adult ADD in January 2009.

Then you must not have children or pets. ;)

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!