Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andfam5

Royal Caribbean Cruise Advise

Hello...

I am looking for any advise to make our cruise on Royal Carribean go smoothly for my 14 year old who has Celiac Disease. I have emailed our request for gluten free dining. I am wondering if he will be able to eat the bacon, breakfast sausage and deli meats etc???? Will he have a lot of options that a 14 year old will like and what is the inside track on making sure I can get everything he wants? Any advise would be great. Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Just cruised with them in March. They know their stuff but it can get frustrating. I ate at the buffet a lot, the mashed potatoes are not safe, just so you know. :rolleyes: For supper we ate in the dinning room. When you board go to the dinning room and speak with the head waiter, have him/her tell you what is safe in Windjammers and he/she should be able to work with your dd for supper. They will tell you what is safe for that night and then they will have her order her next nights meal the night before. They bring out gluten-free bread and it is pretty good. But be sure to see the head waiter if you are eating in the dinning room. I tried for breakfast and lunch in their but it wasn't easy, not a good choice on food selection.

Marie in Canada

Gluten sensitive discovered by diet change,April 2006.