Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I'm sure ramen noodles are made with wheat.

For gluten-free noodles, there are rice noodles, bean threads (otherwise known as glass noodles, cellophane noodles, or Chinese vermicelli), Konjac Shirataki noodles, and no doubt others. You can also use spaghetti squash.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

All the instant ramen packages are wheat based and the seasonings usually contain MSG and a host of other chemicals that may contain wheat derivatives. RiceGuy gave you some good alternatives. Hard to find outside of Japan but if you have a Japanese store try to find juwari soba which is 100% buckwheat and ok. Most of the soba noodles sold outside of Japan are 40% or 60% wheat but some oriental markets get the good stuff at times.

ken

ive read that ramen has gluten in it, but is it in the noodles or in the flavor packets?

(im just looking for cheap noodles i can use with sauce and veggies, so i wouldnt use the flavor packets)

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I agree with the Tahi Kitchen noodles. I got some recently and a little goes a long way. You can find them at a lot of stores (Target, regular grocery stores, health food stores).

They have thin noodles that will be similar to ramen noodles (well kind of). They are also really easy and quick to make.

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09