Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerri

Gluten-corn-lactose-egg-sulfites-sulfate-sulfa-sulfure Free Meals What Do I Eat

I at a loss as to what I can eat.

Breakfast I have rice bread, and egg whites.

Lunch - not sure

Dinner - meat, potatoes and vegetables, stews with rice flour gravey, rice pasta with homemade spegetti sause.

Just starting this diet, and haven't loss any weight. Seem to get more work done. Still tired, thinking it's the arthritis(s). Hands still swollen at knuckles.

Help

hugs

Gerri

Why did you have egg white for breakfast if egg is on your list of things you can't eat?

My daughter can't have corn, milk, and egg, so there are things on there. My son can't have wheat/barley/oats (but he's not celiac). Get yourself some tapioca starch and some rice flour for thickening and recipes. Coconut milk works as milk in a lot of recipes. Get creative. I have a few muffin recipes on there that would be good for breakfast (carrot cake, banana, and coconut bread). You can fry them with a little coconut oil on a frypan, and then add some jelly. Great breakfast. Also, fresh fruit. When you're on a restricted diet, you need to let down your preconceived notions about meals. It's okay to have chicken and gravy for breakfast, and muffins and fruit for dinner. There's crispy brown rice cereal for breakfast (or you can make them into really good rice krispie type bars - the recipe is on my blog). Think outside the box. Be creative.

Go to the bookstore and look at "Cooking Free". I have to avoid most of those things too. This cookbook is excellent for us.

Can you take fish supplements? Purpose: to supply essential fatty acids that increase production and activity of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Helps to control arthritis pain and inflammation. Or at least eat fresh alaskan salmon or canned red salmon.

Well, there are many gluten-free grains you could have, including Kasha (roasted buckwheat), amaranth, millet, and teff. Beans and lentils are also good, but too much protein might not be advisable if you're dealing with malabsorption issues. If you find certain joints getting puffy, such as the ankles, that can be due to excess proteins.

As was stated, putting aside the standard notions about meals helps.