Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octoberme

Colon Hydrotherapy / Colonic

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone has tried colon hydrotheraphy / colonic before? My naturopath strongly reccoments I go for a few sessions to get myself cleaned out as well as help to strengthen my colon and get it working properly again.....but it doesn't sound like..lol..." fun ". Anyone else tried and had good results??

http://www.naturalcare.bc.ca/ColonHydrotherapy.htm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've had 2 of them for other reasons than your NP is suggesting. I'm doing it for detox because I'm on a lot of strong medications for Lyme Disease. It is NOT fun, lol. It's not the worst thing I've ever done, but I also have a really sensitive GI tract. If you tend to be constipated, it's probably a great idea. But I have D a lot, so it isn't as much of a relief when I have one.

If you have any specific questions, you can PM me.

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

I had about six of these, last year, prior to going gluten free. In fact, it was this that eventually led to my celiac disease diagnosis! It IS quite uncomfortable - atrocious ongoing cramps for about 40 minutes - but afterwards, I would just feel amazing. Of course, at this point I was still eating gluten so the amazingness only lasted for so long. But it is so worth it.xo

Wow, Lux thank you for your reply. Good to hear that it does do some good. I have decided to take the plunge and go for it. My NP seems to think that it will be good for me and I have gone every other route to try and get back to normal, why not this?? Lol...I am sure I can live through it if Ilived through the prep for the colonoscopy :-)

Thanks again, and thanks confusedks, i did PM you will a few questions.

Cheers :-P

Take it from me, hydrotherapy is like a sweet dream after having had to go through endoscopy prep! :D *shudder*

Okay....well just got back fro my first one.....and while I woudl not say it is number one on my list of " things to do ' on a Friday night....it was not completely horrible. I got through it basically. Now...we shall see how I feel in the next few days. I have another one scheduled for a week from now.

Thanks all!!!