Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladywilk

Gluten Free Day Care In Salt Lake City?

My husband just recently passed away and my 3 year old daughter has celiac disease. She is ultra sensitive to gluten on her skin as well. I need to have safe place for her to go while I go back to school. Is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem? Is there such a thing as a gluten free day care?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am so sorry for your loss.

Have you though about finding another mom who can take care of your dd at her home? Maybe you can meet someone through a local gluten-free support group. Or meet someone through church or in your neighborhood.

Good luck.

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

hi, i don't know of a daycare that would be able to provide her with a gluten free environment as little kids stuff gold fish in their pockets and she would have ready access to contaminated surfaces all over a daycare.... i would see if there is a family nearby that is also gluten free and go that route. I live in utah county and would not be able to help with babysitting, but there have to be people who live near slc that can be trusted to be a responsible provider....by the way if you know of a celiacs support group nearby i would love to meet them as my 6 year old has celiacs.....

good luck

betty

also, we are sorry for your and your daughters loss....

Sorry for your loss and health issues. I was thinking about this just today. I am in Idaho, sorry. I did daycare (not gluten-free) for 9 years. There is no way to guarantee any child safe from gluten unless they were very mildly allergic but even that could cause damage. I would go with the other ideas.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

hi, i don't know of a daycare that would be able to provide her with a gluten free environment as little kids stuff gold fish in their pockets and she would have ready access to contaminated surfaces all over a daycare.... i would see if there is a family nearby that is also gluten free and go that route. I live in utah county and would not be able to help with babysitting, but there have to be people who live near slc that can be trusted to be a responsible provider....by the way if you know of a celiacs support group nearby i would love to meet them as my 6 year old has celiacs.....

good luck

betty

also, we are sorry for your and your daughters loss....

Thank you, where are you located at and I might be able to help you.

Thank you,

Ursula

Thank you, where are you located at and I might be able to help you.

Thank you,

Ursula

we are in utah county by highland -lehi border, and we havn't met too many people with ceilac's from the area. today we went to thhe store "against the grain" on 5400 south in taylorsville and saw some of the stuff in there.... we were pretty pleased to see some cereals we didnt know were gluten-free but are looking to see if there are anyother boys in first grade next year with diabetes and celiacs he can be buddies with, as for now he feels pretty singled out , but we are pretty new to this whole thing soo we are taking it one day at a time