Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Volunteers Wanted

As some of you may know, I'm in the process of opening a gluten-free bakery/cafe/grocery in Denver Colorado. I'm in my final stages of getting it together and would like to know if ten of you would try my some of my mixes and see how they turn out in your kitchen.

Here are the specifics. You must be a member of this board and live in a different climate than Denver. It would also be great if some of you didn't really cook very well from scratch and hadn't tried much baking on your own. This will test the simplicity of the mixes to produce at home. I've tested here in Denver already and gotten good results. But I have no idea if the bread mix or pizza mix or cake mix will turn out in low altitude and or high humidity.

What you will recieve: 1 chocolate cake mix, 1 bread mix, and 1 pizza crust mix.

The cake mix uses eggs. You will also be asked to use an electric hand mixer with all mixes.

Deby's Best Chocolate Cake Mix: Potato starch, Rice flour, Tapioca flour, Cane sugar, Organic cocoa, Xanthin gum, Ener-G Egg Replacer, Salt, Gelatin, Baking powder, Baking soda. You will add 6 eggs (seperated) 1 1/3 cup of water and 1/2 cup of oil. Yield: 2 8" rounds

Deby's Best Sorghum Bread Mix: Sorghum flour, Rice flour, Potato flour, Tapioca flour, Cane Sugar, Golden Flaxseed meal, Yeast, Xanthin gum, Ener-G Egg Replacer, Salt. You will add 2 cups of water and 1/3 cup of oil. Yield: 1 medium bread loaf or 12 rolls

Deby's Best Pizza Crust Mix: Tapioca flour, Sorghum flour, Rice flour, Potato flour, Golden flax seed meal, Cane sugar, Yeast, Xanthin gum, Ener-G Egg Replacer, Salt. You will add 2 cups of water and 1/3 cup of oil. Yield: 2 thin 10" or 1 thick 14" pizza crust.

You must bake all mixes within 1 week of recieving the order and give feedback to me within 10 days. There will be a form to fill out and an SASE to return it to me. There is no product or shipping cost involved.

email me at mmpoole@hotmail.com with your address and a estimation of your cooking ability. Remember please that I am only sending 10 packets out so not everyone who responds will be chosen to participate. I will respond to all emails.

Thanks in advance for you willingness to participate.

Monica

anti-body negative, self diagnosed, Gluten free since March 2001. Two sons (8) also have celiac. Antibody and biopsy positive. I love to cook and after much much experimentation can now get by pretty well!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for all who emailed to participate. I have my 10 volunteers.

Monica

anti-body negative, self diagnosed, Gluten free since March 2001. Two sons (8) also have celiac. Antibody and biopsy positive. I love to cook and after much much experimentation can now get by pretty well!

That's great :D Good luck with everything!

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for mine too...I can't wait to try them :D

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

I also want to know where in Denver since I have family in the area - they might be able to pick up mixes when they fly out for a visit...once you get set up.

-Kate

-Kate

gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:

Strawberries and Banannas (2007)

Nitrates (April 2006)

Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)

Peanuts (Nov. 2004)

Soy (Oct. 2004)

Almonds (Sept. 2004)

Corn (Sept. 2004)

Lactose/Casein (1999)

Archived