Rate this topic

I recently started taking Flexeril for a shoulder strain. Funny thing happened...it seems to have calm down some of my celiac symptoms. Now, I eat gluten free, but still have some flair ups on occasion.

I started to think back a bit and I believe that I had a similar reaction to Flexeril last november. Anyone heard of this correlation?

well, from what i understand...flexeril is a muscle relaxant and works on pain-nerve impulses. so, depending on your symptoms, it probably just reduces your experience of pain on a daily basis.....

What symptoms does it seem to be easing?

Since Flexeril is a muscle relaxer I could see the possibility of it easing stomach pain, if your actual stomach muscles are spasming...

Just wondering what specifically it seems to be doing for you.

I don't have as severe a case of Celiac as a lot of the people on this site. Usually my symptoms are as follows...a feeling of being bloated, extremely gassy, and skinny discolored stools. I would go several times a day and feel like I have to go a lot more. Pass a lot of mucus only. However, I believe the muscle relaxer may be affecting this. In effect, calming down my system which seems to always be hyper active. I have not passed mucus since taking the relaxer. I was diagnosed with celiac about a year ago after getting a colonoscopy after many years of struggling with these symptoms. I was just curious if anyone else noticed the effect of flexeril.

What symptoms does it seem to be easing?

Since Flexeril is a muscle relaxer I could see the possibility of it easing stomach pain, if your actual stomach muscles are spasming...

Just wondering what specifically it seems to be doing for you.

What manufacturer of Flexeril is Gluten Free?  The gluten-free Drug list it as gluten-free, without a brand, and the pharmacist says there are a number of companies that make it.  Just want to be careful, because they've prescribed for my back. I have Celiac since 2004

Edited by Yvonne Ayers Albers

2 hours ago, Yvonne Ayers Albers said:

What manufacturer of Flexeril is Gluten Free?  The gluten-free Drug list it as gluten-free, without a brand, and the pharmacist says there are a number of companies that make it.  Just want to be careful, because they've prescribed for my back. I have Celiac since 2004

Don’t go by any product info that is as old as this thread.  If you are really worried, find out the brand your pharmacy would give you and call them. The pharmacy should be able to give you a list of the ingredients so you can look at that, too.

What is the brand name of a muscle relaxer that is truly gluten-free. I was taking flexiril that was round salmon colored a nd it was great. They couldn't get it so I have some round blue ones, NOT gluten-free ANY HELP APPRECIATED!