Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Food Intolerance Testing

What is the best food intolerance panel to run and what company is best to use for it?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What is the best food intolerance panel to run and what company is best to use for it?

Personally, I prefer the 30-food allergen panel ordered by Dr. Scott Swarthout, a chiropractor whose Fresno, California office is situated to the north of Kaiser Permanente (8455 N. Millbrook Ave.). Dr. Swarthout will order the test be performed by Diagnos-Techs, Inc., a clinical and research laboratory in Kent, Washington (6620 S. 192nd Pl., J-104, Kent, Washington 98032 (425/251-0596). The test includes

Personally, I prefer the 30-food allergen panel ordered by Dr. Scott Swarthout, a chiropractor whose Fresno, California office is situated to the north of Kaiser Permanente (8455 N. Millbrook Ave.). Dr. Swarthout will order the test be performed by Diagnos-Techs, Inc., a clinical and research laboratory in Kent, Washington (6620 S. 192nd Pl., J-104, Kent, Washington 98032 (425/251-0596). The test includes

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Holdthegluten,

I used Alletess Medical Laboratory, for my food sensitivities. They ran a panel for 96 different foods. I was sensitive to 21 of them including wheat and gluten. Thus started my gluten free life style. The test at the time was about $100.00. They can be reached at www.foodallergy.com

Susan :D

Dairy/Cesain free Oct. 2005

Gluten free June 2006

I have been thinking about getting one of these tests myself lately. I found this article on IGG allergy testing that sounds kind of negative though. As in the results may not be reliable depending on the materials used for the testing. I can't say I understand all of what she said, but it sounds like the doctor found some holes in the process some labs use for testing.

IgG Food Allergy Testing by ELISA/EIA

What Do They Really Tell Us?

http://www.tldp.com/issue/174/IgG%20Food%20Allergy.html

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

I've been wanting to do this as well. Can't our doctors (Allergists) run the test or are they (the tests) too specialized? That way, insurance will pay. Has anyone gone to an Allergist or their family doctor to have the tests run? Just wondering.

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008

Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08

Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08

Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08