Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FoxersArtist

What's Your Blood Type?

A Dr. recently told me that people with O type blood are more prone to wheat/gluten/casein allergies and conditions. Those with O blood types do better eating meats and vegetables. My whole family (hubby, kids, and myself) are all O+. I'm just curious to find out what blood type other celiacs are. If you are an O blood type, do you find it easier to process meats and veggies? I had a horrible time with meat before going gluten free. Now it seems to be the easiest thing on my tummy. I feel bloated and yucky when I eat too many grains/flours and do ok with dairy, though a lot of it upsets my tummy.

-Anna

Crohn's like GI symptoms, Multiple Sclerosis like Gluten Ataxia, Arthritis like joint pain, Myositis like muscle weakness, DTV like swelling, Chronic Fatigue, weight loss, hair loss, vision changes, anxiety & depression. I thought I was either dying or I had completely lost my mind!

Gluten Free since May 17, 2008

Started feeling like a new person after only 3 days gluten free and it is 100% worth LIFE!

-Anna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Daughter and I are both O+. So is my mom. We all have food allergies, but daughter is the only one allergic to wheat and gluten. My mom has arthritis though and finds that wheat and nightshades make her arthritis worse.

O negative. Mom was O negative, Dad was A Positive and then became A negative. :o Doctors still scratch their heads over that one, but he was a hot ticket item as a blood donor! :D

I believe my gluten intolerance comes from my mom's side of the family.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Wow... I am O+, as are my mom and both of my sons. Interesting.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

A+ for me. Supposedly the kind the mosquitoes like. (I can vouch for that.)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

A- (the blood banks love me).

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

A+ for me -- my grades were not

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Doctors get funny ideas, and of course, think they are always right. Nope, we are all A+. My sister, dad, and I--all celiac, all A+.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

All A+

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

O+ for me, I believe DS is as well. Not sure about DD or DH.

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

I'm A+

I did peruse the "A" book for the Blood Type Diet which says that A's are supposed to eat very limited amounts of wheat, dairy and meat. So, I have Celiac, don't do well with dairy and most days don't care if I eat meat. But some of the vegetables it says not to eat I don't have a problem with, so I'm not sure you can absolutely label all A's, or any blood type, as being intolerant to something...

Very interesting thread. Thanks for starting it!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

O neg for me.

"More prone to" would be a true statement if the percentage of type O with celiac is even slightly higher than the pecentage of any other type blood. Those psuedo-quantitative word cause problems.

O- for three of us all celiacs.... Dad was a+ not sure what Mother is.

O is the oldest blood type & we are considered the meat eaters not grain eaters. We too never really cared for much meat but now we eat lots of meat & veggies & we all feel better !

I get less migraines when I eat meat. I think we need more protein than other blood type but that is just my thought......

mamaw

I also wonder if it's because 0+ is the most common blood type in America.

Refused endoscope

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

All A+ in my family.

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

ME= B positive- gluten and casein intolerant, problems with heavy meats like pork and beef, sugar issues

hubby= A negative (the blood bank loves him)- Casein intolerant, never liked eggs

kids unkown(would they be AB?), 2 of 3 may be gluten intolerant

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

husband and I are both O+ not sure what the kids are

husband and I are both O+ not sure what the kids are

Your kids would be O as well.

Refused endoscope

I'm O-.

Tangentially, my mom is going nuts trying to figure out who the heck I inherited this from. We usually blame gut problems on my dad's side of the family, as they aren't around to defend themselves. ;)

Norma

gluten free for (checks system clock) 45 minutes. :D

Norma

My son and I are both A-.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt