Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CuriousOne

What Can You Do To Determine If You Have Villi Damage?

Lets say I can't get a biopsy.

If I got my genes tested would this help me determine if I have villi damage possibly occurring?

For instance, if both of my genes were celiac...that would be a good indicator?

But if they weren't, then I would then know that I DO NOT have villi damage?

Anyone know the answer to this riddle...

I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If I got my genes tested would this help me determine if I have villi damage possibly occurring?

For instance, if both of my genes were celiac...that would be a good indicator?

Genes are not an indicator of villi damage. Many people have Celiac genes but do not actually develop the disease.

A positive bloodtest (tTG) would be more indicative of villi damage but the biopsy is really the only way to determine this with certainty.

Not having the Celiac genes would mean that the chances of having villi damage are very small.

Rachel

Thanks so much Rachel!

So, if I ended up NOT having the celiac genes, then the chances of me having damaged villi are probably small?

But then again... I could still have villi damage from say, candida?

I think I do want to test the genes. If I have any celiac genes then I'll go for blood test and maybe biopsy. I wish I could someone just look inside my intestines myself NOW HOW EASY WOULD THAT BE!!! ahhhh perchance to dream

I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!