• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

carriecraig

Dinner In Essex Co. Nj?

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I just recently moved to West Orange, NJ (Essex county), and I'm looking for some gluten-free places to eat. I only know about Calabria's in Livingston, but I'd like to find some place for my birthday dinner...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Carrie

Carrie

If you are looking for a banquet type party (where you invite a large number of people) I recommend The Westwood in Garwood, NJ (Union County). The Westwood is a Caterers and I had my 25th anniversary and my 50th Birthday parties there. It's on North Avenue. Garwood is a very tiny town nestled between Westfield and Cranford (Exit 137) on Garden State Parkway. Inasmuch as I am originally from Essex County, (born & raised there) I don't know much about gluten-free restaurants there.

Off topic: How long have you lived in Essex County? I moved out of Essex County deliberately and would not live again in Essex County if you paid me....If you would like to know why, you may contact me thru the Private Email - it has to do with politics and voting, etc. But I'd rather not state my case here as it's off topic. But it's something that you should be aware of as a resident of Essex County.