Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ab_Normal

Second Hand Breadmaker

My husband just called me at work, he found a Regal Kitchenpro K6773 breadmaker at a yard sale for $1.00... but it doesn't have a manual. The internets have been very uncooperative; any ideas where I could find a manual? Thanks!

Norma

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Although you found a great bargain, if you have Celiac or gluten intolerance, a second hand bread machine is not recommended. It would be impossible to clean and will contaminate any gluten free bread.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Y'know, I was going to ask that, too... I'll break it to him gently.

edit to add: um, will we have to get a new crock pot, too? Dang, this dx is getting spendy...

Norma

Y'know, I was going to ask that, too... I'll break it to him gently.

edit to add: um, will we have to get a new crock pot, too? Dang, this dx is getting spendy...

As long as the cooking surface of the crock pot is not chipped or cracked, it should be OK. :) As Momma Goose indicated, a used bread machine with all its seems and nooks and crannies is not a good idea at all. :blink:

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Yup, keep the crock pot and clean it well. Spend that money on a toaster for yourself or the one in your family who is gluten sensitive. A dedicated toaster is a must.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I'm calling dibs on the entire toaster oven, 'cause I'm mean like that. (Also, I can put my toast on aluminum foil as an added barrier against the dreaded cross contamination.) The toaster's at least 20 years old; I'm not going to try to decon it. :D

Norma

I have a 2nd hand bread machine. I purchased a separate paddle etc. for Gluten-free. So far no problems.

Random question: How long have you been gluten free?

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill