This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Egg Free, Dairy Free And Gluten Free Ideas

confusedks

confusedks Enthusiast

A friend of mines son was just diagnosed with egg, gluten and dairy intolerances, so they're out of ideas. The little boy is Autistic and can't really talk, so it's difficult to find out what he likes and doesn't like.

They're mainly looking for meal and snack ideas. He is texture phobic apparently...so he likes things like apple sauce, but not cottage cheese (just an example.)

He really loves carbs right now...pasta, etc. So, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Cherrybrook Kitchen chocolate cake mix is gluten-free, dairy- free, and egg- free even after you follow the instructions on the box. I made it in a mini-muffin tin.

Here are some other ideas.

Broccoli Cheese Rice

Open Original Shared Link

Instead of the usual pasta with red sauce I saute a little onion and garlic in Earthbalance and/or olive oil. Add chopped ham and finely chopped broccoli(fresh or frozen) or frozen peas and toss with pasta.

My husband made great tofu hamburger steaks this week. I don't have a recipe, he's a cook by feel kind of guy. Instead of the breadcrumbs and egg he used tofu. Added finely chopped carrots and onion etc. shaped and sauteed. They held together well and were moist. I'll see if I can find a similar recipe and post a link if I do.

missy'smom Collaborator

His "recipe" is like this but used tofu in place of the egg and breadcrumbs. He said he used almost the same amount of tofu and ground beef but less tofu would be OK too. You can't see the tofu in the finished product. He makes the same kind of sauce as in this recipe.

Open Original Shared Link

dbmamaz Explorer

My 4 yo loves rice cakes. I posted a recipe for home-made cereal bars here: Open Original Shared Link but m y 4-yo wont eat anything sugary or sticky. You could try making bread sticks out of chebe mixes (but i guess most chebe has milk in it, i think theres one without but i havent found it). My 4 yo also loved, for a while, puffed corn cereal I found at the health food store in a bag - nothing in it but corn. I eat a lot of tortilla chips. Does he like baby carrots?

purple Community Regular

The book "Cooking Free" will help alot, by Carol Fenster. I just got it or I could help you. She gives recipes and food sensitivity versions. Also read up on how to remove mercury from the body. I saw a program on the internet, wish I could find it for you, that showed how well kids got after the mercury was removed from their bodies. Pregnant mothers and vaccinations can give the child mercury. Mercury can cause autism. Gotta run hope this helps...

PatBrown Newbie

Try the magazine Living Without. I get annoyed with the magazine because the recipes usually have lots of ingredients elimnated and I only need to elinate gluten. I have a Jules Shepard Cookbook and most of her recipes include alternative for the things many people are allergic to.They have the magazine at our Whole Foods Market here.

Archived