Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayJay

Could It Be?

I have Celiac and now I'm wondering about my daughter. She is almost three but doesn't really show any symptoms. Except for having really soft/runny stools and they are mucousy too. We kept her off all gluten until she was a year old. She had several intolerants to foods as a baby but can eat anything now.

I've taken her off milk and that doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

She hardly ever complains of her tummy hurting. Once in awhile she will but she eats fine in fact she eats all the time. She is growing perfectly.

I don't really want to take her off gluten if there is no need. She doesn't eat too much of it really since I'm gluten free. She does have a piece of bread for a sandwich at lunch but other than that she's pretty much gluten free with a few exceptions here and there.

Any ideas? Could she be celiac and be growing so well?

gluten-free since 2004!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

my 6 year old had a ttg of 92 and had absolutely no symptoms at all.... no poop problems no tummy pain and very good growth. i would have her tested.... if she is producing antibodies then take her off gluten if it comes back negative you can stop worring for a year or so and have her retested as we have all family members tested yearly.

Is she old enough to be tested and how accurate are those results? I remember they never tested her before because they said the results are accurate in babies.

gluten-free since 2004!

they are rarely accurate in children under 24 mths old, but the can do stool testing on the kids under two. we had our 3 year old tested and we are confident the results were accurate, but he eats gluten daily.... it is a blood draw and he did't like it, BUT i was terrified we were poisioning him, so when the ttg game back at 1 and under 20 is negative i relaxed ... but i will get him tested yearly to be safe.

Thanks. I'm scared for her to get blood drawn too. But I would rather her have a few painful moments than years. I'll ask the doc. at her 3 year checkup.

gluten-free since 2004!