Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ursa Major

Update On Zoey

My nephew from Germany is visiting (yes, the same one who was here two years ago), he arrived on Monday. My daughter, her husband, their kids, my son-in-law's parents, two sisters, brother and sister-in-law are at a cottage which is only a two hour drive from us, rather than a 4 1/2 hour drive normally.

So, Adrian and I went to visit them at the cottage yesterday. Zoey is in great spirits and copes remarkably well with now being in the huge cast (up to her ribcage, there is a wide band of it around her middle which is connected to the leg cast) for the sixth week.

Because the cast is not perfectly straight after all (about a 20% angle at the hip, and also at the knee), she is able to sort of semi sit up with proper support. Which helps with feeding and colouring, for instance. That is also why now she is able to crawl around in a strange fashion (kids are able to do stuff like that).

My daughter had explained to her that her cast will come off when they see the doctor next, which is when the leg should be all better. I didn't really expect that she should fully understand. But what happened last week shows how smart Zoey is, and she understands perfectly.

When my daughter wasn't looking, Zoey crawled over to the couch and somehow managed to pull herself up to a standing position (her foot is not in that cast). When she stood, she let go of the couch, and called my daughter. She said, "Look Mommy, leg all better, see doctor now?"

Poor baby, my daughter had to tell her that she needed to wait a few more weeks.

I brought her more colouring stuff, some 'real diamond' necklaces and a neat book. We played and read books and cuddled and she is so sweet and patient! Now that she can't do too many physical things, she has concentrated on talking and doing stuff with her hands. She is speaking so well, I can understand almost everything she says now.

Her little sister Sophia is just 11 months and walks everywhere, she is so cute! Those two look so very different. Zoey has dark red, curly hair and dark brown eyes, and Sophia has straight blond hair and bright blue eyes. And their personalities are as different as their looks.

The next time I see them Zoey's cast will be off, and it will be Sophia's first birthday party.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

They're both just beautiful, Ursa :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Sweet Zoey, I've been thinking about her! That had to have taken so much strength and effort, to pull her whole body weight up on one good leg. You know that took some determination!

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Sweet Zoey, I've been thinking about her! That had to have taken so much strength and effort, to pull her whole body weight up on one good leg. You know that took some determination!

Yes, she is a VERY determined little girl. If she sets her mind on something she won't give up easily. Just like her mother.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so glad things are going well for her. I see she has alot of her grandmother's determination.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"