Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live2BWell

Gluten Free Books

Do they have any easy to follow beginning books about Celiac and/or Gluten Free living?

Maybe a "Celiac for Dummies" or "The Idiots Guide to Gluten Free Living" :P

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm reading the idiots guide to gluten-free living right now...and there is a Gluten free living for dummies as well. The idiots guide isn't too bad.

Jami

I've got the Gluten Free for Dummies and really like it. It's got recipes and some good info that is broken down and very easy to understand. It's written for anyone who is affected by a gluten-free diet, so it's great for family members who maybe don't understand.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

"Celiac Disease: The Hidden Epidemic", by Peter H. R Green M.D. is excellent......unfortunately it's only available in hardcover. I don't remember that there were any recipes tho.......but it does offer an excellent overview (and then some) that's easily understood. I was going to suggest Jax Peters Lowell's "Gluten Free Bible" until I went to Lame Advertisement and see alot of unfavourable reviews about it having incorrect info....I never read it totally all the way thru so I guess I missed those. Anyhow, there's other books too on amazon so that'd be a good place to check out for other stuff. Hope this helps out. Have a good weekend y'all..................Angel

Oops and sorry about my last post......"lame advertisement" popped in for amazon website and THEN I remembered something about not mentioning websites........sorry for the error!....................Angel

I have started reading "Gluten Free Living For Dummies" and so far, I really like it. It's actually made me go from hoping with every fiber in my being that I do NOT need to adhere to any type of gluten free lifestyle, to thinking that maybe it's not as horrible as I am assuming it to be. I am certainly not jumping for joy, but atleast I'm not feeling as frustrated, angry, and resentful as I was before, which is a start I guess :rolleyes:

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08