Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bec

Feedback On My Sons Lab Results

Is there anybody who can give me feedback on these results from Enterolab.

Is this enough reason to eliminate gluten and totally change his diet. He just turned seven.

What is the current thought on the accuracy of Enterolab. Any feedback would be helpful

Thanks!

) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 30 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is there anybody who can give me feedback on these results from Enterolab.

Is this enough reason to eliminate gluten and totally change his diet. He just turned seven.

What is the current thought on the accuracy of Enterolab. Any feedback would be helpful

Thanks!

) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 30 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Liz

Positive enterolab results 11/07:

-antigliadin IgA: 56 (normal <10)

-antitissue tTG IgA: 39 (normal <10)

-anti-casein IgA: 34 (normal <10)

-HLA-DQ: 2,1 (2,6)

Positive blood test IgA and IgG 12/07

Gluten-free Casein-free since 12/07

mostly soy free since 12/07

Diagnosed with adrenal fatigue 08/07

Diagnosed hypothyroid 01/08

Still have mercury fillings, high mercury and lead

Multiple chemical sensitivities

9 year old daughter positive enterolab test for gluten, casein, soy and egg with HLA-DQ 3,1 (7,6)--mostly exhibits behavioral reactions to foods including food dyes, MSG, aspartame

Mother passed away 3 years ago of adenocarcinoma of unknown primary. Two years prior had diarrhea causing her to weigh 86 pounds...Mayo clinic told her to take pepto bismol. NO test for celiac, lifelong hx of ulcers, osteoporosis. I now know she had the celiac gene (my dad has DQ1) and was probably undiagnosed her whole life.

your son has 2 Celiac genes.

I would definately try the diet.

I went through enterolab after going off gluten(didn't know I should test first). They were positive and the diet has helped.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

re numbers, well it is like being pregnant, you are or you are not. Your son is positive for gluten intolerance.

re the genes, he is double DQ3, which is considered, in the U.S. anyway, a gluten intolerant gene. (Or at least that is what I think I remember, but I am not looking at the gene chart so I could be wrong) But, having two copies of the same gene - which your son has, means that his symptoms will be worse or that is what I find. & I think Dr Fine also includes that information in his diagnosis. The medical people are so far behind on these gene studies that no one really knows what they mean.

But, they continue to make "discoveries" like having DQ1-0501 is really equal to having a part of a DQ2 gene. I know two people with that gene in addition to another DQ1 gene. One of them had a positive biopsy & 1 of them had positive blood work, no biopsy. Both tested thru Enterolab after the initial diagnosis, & found out that they were double DQ1.

Your son is not only double DQ3 but with the same allele of 0302, you can say that he has two copies of the same gene. One came from his mother & one came from his father. I wonder which other genes that you & his father have? That would be interesting to see!

There is an article on here & a thread about double DQ2...

hi,

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,8)

DQ3 is split into 3 subtypes: 7,8,9

DQ3 subtpe 8 is Dq 8 the celiac gene.

DQ3 subtype 7 or 9 are gluten intolerant genes.

Since he has two copies of the same celiac gene he has an even higher risk of having celiac. Also mom and dad BOTH have a celiac gene, DQ8.

Good luck, If it was my child he would be off gluten definately. IF it doesn't help then you can investigate something else. But he has two copies of a celiac gene, so I would watch him anyways, but my bet is gluten is a problem already.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008