Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoopylian

Purchasing gluten-free Food In Upstate Ny

Traveling to Lakemont NY (Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen area). I use to just pack our food, but now we have to pay for luggage too!! :( I was hoping someone could tell me where to buy gluten-free food in that area, and hopefully someone knows if they have Green's gluten-free beer also. Thanks a bunch!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The Wegman's grocery chain started in Rochester and they have lots of stores in that area. You can search for more info here but their stores typically have a gluten-free section plus all of their store brands have a code system on the front to make it easy to find gluten-free items.

Traveling to Lakemont NY (Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen area). I use to just pack our food, but now we have to pay for luggage too!! :( I was hoping someone could tell me where to buy gluten-free food in that area, and hopefully someone knows if they have Green's gluten-free beer also. Thanks a bunch!

Super Walmart in watkins glen has gluten-free food, also some products at oak hill bulk food outside of penn yan on rt 14 A has snack food and bobs red mill mixes. This is 5min from the windmill farm and craft market a definite stop when visiting this area. wegmans in geneva, ny also has gluten-free food. I am currently in the process of starting a home-based gluten-free baking business in penn yan, ny (20 min from seneca lake) with breakfast muffins, sandwich bread, pizza crust and the best hamburger/sandwich rolls ever! I am extremely sensitive to gluten and the slightest cc sends me for a loop! If you are interested in trying any of my baked goods just pm me and we can make arrangements. can't help with the beer as i do not drink any alcohol whatsoever because of Lyme disease.

hth

Self dx celiac disease

Gluten free since July 2007

Clinical dx celiac disease November 2007

Self-dx Lyme disease May 2008

Lyme confirmed positive Western Blot May 2008

Super Walmart in watkins glen has gluten-free food, also some products at oak hill bulk food outside of penn yan on rt 14 A has snack food and bobs red mill mixes. This is 5min from the windmill farm and craft market a definite stop when visiting this area. wegmans in geneva, ny also has gluten-free food. I am currently in the process of starting a home-based gluten-free baking business in penn yan, ny (20 min from seneca lake) with breakfast muffins, sandwich bread, pizza crust and the best hamburger/sandwich rolls ever! I am extremely sensitive to gluten and the slightest cc sends me for a loop! If you are interested in trying any of my baked goods just pm me and we can make arrangements. can't help with the beer as i do not drink any alcohol whatsoever because of Lyme disease.

hth

Oh, Penn Yan is just north of where I'm staying at in Lakemont off of Route 14 as well (I think) lol. I'm definately interested in the hamburger/sandwich rolls. I don't know how to do a pm, so I'll let you pm me. Thanks.

I live near Pittsburgh Pa & I went to Nj to get Green's beer. About 7 1/2 hours away from our home! The Whole Foods in Middletown, NJ is where we found Green's!

hth

mamaw