Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lrsmetak

Newbie In Minnesota

Hello everyone! This board is awesome! I kept looking at it for information when my doctor's thought I might have Celiac's, and now I would like to start chatting and being an active part of the board.

I am new to this whole "Celiac's thing", and I live in Minneapolis (Twin Cities area). I don't have a support group or a network of any kind, and I feel rather alone in everything, and I was wondering if there are any support groups that meet often and regularly that I could join? Has anyone had success with finding some great places to learn and share idea and not be alone?

Thanks!

Gluten Free since Jan. 2008

Suffering upper abdominal pain since Spring 2006

November 2007 Had borderline positive Celiac blood tests

December 2007 Had borderline endoscopy results (no damage to villi, but had an increase in Intraepithelial lymphocytes)

January 2008 Became gluten free to see how I did on the diet... did not notice any change (symptoms actually became worse)

March 2008 My Naturopathic Physician began treating my stomach for H. Pylori, and once the eight week treatment was done I felt 50% better

June 2008 Had blood DNA test done, and tested positive for the DQ2 gene

I'm still on the diet while I try to figure things out, because I don't want to risk any other problems in addition to my upper stomach discomfort, but it's frustrating that going gluten free hasn't solved all my problems. If I accidentally eat gluten, I don't feel any different, but I don't know if it's "silently" damaging me.

II Corinthians 3:4

Romans 5:3-5

Romans 8:28;37

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello everyone! This board is awesome! I kept looking at it for information when my doctor's thought I might have Celiac's, and now I would like to start chatting and being an active part of the board.

I am new to this whole "Celiac's thing", and I live in Minneapolis (Twin Cities area). I don't have a support group or a network of any kind, and I feel rather alone in everything, and I was wondering if there are any support groups that meet often and regularly that I could join? Has anyone had success with finding some great places to learn and share idea and not be alone?

Thanks!

http://www.celiac.org/connections.php#minnesota

You are very welcome to join us. I feel it's the best Celiac and associated issues around. Here is a link for some local support.

Jump in anytime, the waters relaxing.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien