Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IMWalt

Great Pie Crust

I was at my mom's last weekend and she had made a strawberry rhubarb pie. I really wanted some, but I did not eat it. She gave me some rhubarb, and I picked some berries from my garden, and last night made a gluten-free version. I used the pie crust recipe from Annalise Robert's baking cookbook, and it was fantastic. I really think I like her crust better than any wheat crust I have ever made. I used a crumb topping, and I think next time I will try for a covered pie. Before I do that I am going to make a sweet potato pie with this crust recipe. I highly recommend that cookbook. I have made a few other things in it and all have been great.

Walt

Daughter diagnosed via positve blood work 09/2005 - she had negative biopsy

Sister Dx via bloodwork

Nephew has daughter with celiac disease Dx'd at age 6 months

Me - negative blood and biopsy, but HUGE dietary response. No question in my mind.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

which cookbook was that? i know she has a million out there :) mmm, pie sounds so yummy right now! i made the best strawberry rhubarb pie last summer, but now can't remember what recipe i used for the crust. may have to do this one...

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I was at my mom's last weekend and she had made a strawberry rhubarb pie. I really wanted some, but I did not eat it. She gave me some rhubarb, and I picked some berries from my garden, and last night made a gluten-free version. I used the pie crust recipe from Annalise Robert's baking cookbook, and it was fantastic. I really think I like her crust better than any wheat crust I have ever made. I used a crumb topping, and I think next time I will try for a covered pie. Before I do that I am going to make a sweet potato pie with this crust recipe. I highly recommend that cookbook. I have made a few other things in it and all have been great.

Walt

Can you post the recipe?

Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna

Can you post the recipe?

Out of respect for Annalise (and copyright laws), I will not post it, but I highly recommend buying the book. I got it from Amazon for about $13. It is Annalise Robert's Gluten-Free Baking Classics. Everything I have made from the book has been top-notch.

Walt

BTW, I whipped up some real cream this morning and had another piece of pie. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

Sister Dx via bloodwork

Me - negative blood and biopsy, but HUGE dietary response. No question in my mind.

Out of respect for Annalise (and copyright laws), I will not post it, but I highly recommend buying the book. I got it from Amazon for about $13. It is Annalise Robert's Gluten-Free Baking Classics. Everything I have made from the book has been top-notch.

Walt

BTW, I whipped up some real cream this morning and had another piece of pie. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

That's my fave baking cookbook too! I made about 10 batches of her carrot cake and made my 3-tiered wedding cake a few years ago! It was DELISH!!

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

That's my fave baking cookbook too! I made about 10 batches of her carrot cake and made my 3-tiered wedding cake a few years ago! It was DELISH!!

Oh, yeah. I like that carrot cake. Next up I am going to try the chocolate muffins and chocolate-chip cookies. :)

Walt

Sister Dx via bloodwork