Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcs1984

Gluten Free Baking Flour

can you use cup per cup when you are going from flour to gluten-free flour. We are going out of town for the 4th and my mom is trying to make some items but she does not want to leave out our son on all the good stuff. Since we are new to this i told her i would find out.

Thanks

Also does anyone know how soon i should be able to tell if he is just sensitive to the gluten, since all his test came back neg our doctor said lets try it anyways and see what happens.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's easier to sub out with things like cookies that dont need to "rise".

Visit Bob's Red Mill site for free recipes you could send her.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

It's great that your mom is trying to make some gluten-free stuff, but she does need to take great care not to cross-contaminate the food with her utensils. She must not use a flour sifter which has ever been used for wheat or other gluten-containing flour. No wooden spoons, cutting boards, or any other items where gluten can be hiding in tiny cracks and crevices. Beaters can be difficult to clean as well, so extra care needs to be taken with that. Cookie sheets should be thoroughly cleaned of any traces of particulates. But just as importantly, the soap and cleaning sponges and scrubby pads need to be gluten-free too. I'd suggest new scrubby sponges and a gluten-free soap, and she needs to clean the sink well before filling with dish water.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

It's great that your mom is trying to make some gluten-free stuff, but she does need to take great care not to cross-contaminate the food with her utensils. She must not use a flour sifter which has ever been used for wheat or other gluten-containing flour. No wooden spoons, cutting boards, or any other items where gluten can be hiding in tiny cracks and crevices. Beaters can be difficult to clean as well, so extra care needs to be taken with that. Cookie sheets should be thoroughly cleaned of any traces of particulates. But just as importantly, the soap and cleaning sponges and scrubby pads need to be gluten-free too. I'd suggest new scrubby sponges and a gluten-free soap, and she needs to clean the sink well before filling with dish water.

Now this is where i am just unsure about, all of our sons test results came back neg (we mean everything) but when i talk to his reg doctor she told us to go on and try gluten-free and see what happens. So do i really need to be that careful? I found gluten-free all purpose baking flour from Bobs red mill, will that work for almost all recipes?