Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lookingforanswers17

Please Help. Is This Celiacs?

For over a year i have had horrible symptoms with abdominal pain and other symptoms diagnosed as ibs. i also have terrible bladder pain and times and sciatic like pain. i have had numerous testing including a colonoscopy when this first began and the doctors ruled it ibs. i have tried everything for the ibs but nothing has worked. I had a stool test done that showed an off the charts reaction to gliadin but no further testing was done. My symptoms are always there but get much worse after ingesting anything heavy with wheat. My stomach becomes bloated and aches with cramping and burning sensations. All my regular bloodwork has come back normal. the nutritionist thought it could be celiacs. funny thing tho is i haven't lost weight. i have steadily been gaining for no reason since these symptoms began and am unable to lose the weight. i am desperate for answers. the pain is excrutiating at times and i don't know where to turn. does anything sound like celiacs? should i get tested. i had thought the colonoscopy would have showed celiacs but now i am learning that it would not have? what should i do?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't understand why the high reaction to gliadin in your stool test was just ignored. That, coupled with all your awful symptoms after eating wheat certainly suggests celiac disease to me.

You could just stop eating gluten and get well. But if you want official testing done, you need to keep eating it until after the tests are done. Just be aware that those tests aren't all that reliable, and that you could have celiac disease even if your tests end up being negative.

Either way, you should try the gluten-free diet.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------