Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

annieles

Gluten Free For A Week, Still Cramping, Gas, Bloated, Tired, Etc

I see my GI doc for an endoscopy July 2nd, but in the meantime, I have been on a Gluten-free diet. The problem is even some of the Gluten free foods cause me bouts of cramping, bloating, gas, & I am extremely tired, no energy, lost 10 lbs in a week, cramping so bad, worse than having a period. How long does it take to feel better? Please advise.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Everyone is different. That said it took me 6 months on a gluten-free diet before I felt better. I would try keeping you foods as simple as possible and limit the dairy. It takes awhile for the body to heal.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hez

I agree with hez.....for me 1 day for the headaches and the ekzema and 3 weeks to get my energy back. Lactose and casein also cause that trouble you are describing. Listen to hez.

Meline

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

It's good that your endoscopy is so soon because being gluten free for a long time before it could give you a false negative result on the biopsies.

Healing can take a while, some people respond quickly to the diet but some take several months before they start feeling better.

Pauliina