Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Truleesmom

Mcdonald's Sausage Patty

I've read here that many people have eaten McDonald's sausage patty and not had a reaction. But I read on McD's website the ingredients for the patty list caramel color. Isn't caramel coloring questionable? And how would one find out if that particular caramel color is safe? Thanks!

Leslie negative blood test, but positive results after going gluten-free -gluten free since 12/08; TRYING to be dairy free since 4/09 (waaaay harder than gluten-free!)

Daughter: Age 7 - tTg test >100 8/07; endoscopic biopsy confirming Celiac Disease 2/14/08 - gluten free since 2/08;

Daughter: Age 12 - negative blood test, but gluten free since 7/09. Wanted to try gluten-free diet for behavior issues -- has worked wonders!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've read here that many people have eaten McDonald's sausage patty and not had a reaction. But I read on McD's website the ingredients for the patty list caramel color. Isn't caramel coloring questionable? And how would one find out if that particular caramel color is safe? Thanks!

I am curious what else you might eat when you have a sausage patty at McDonalds. Do you trust the scrambled eggs?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nu...ents.index.html

Here is a listing that might be helpful.

Take caution for cross contamination at a fast food restaurant or any restaurant for that matter. Eating out is your responsibility.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I am curious what else you might eat when you have a sausage patty at McDonalds. Do you trust the scrambled eggs?

I eat eggs & sausage. I have had the hash browns also. Of course the hash browns contain the same wheat flavoring as the fries.

When ordering, I've found it's safer to place my order thusly:

~ speaking clearly & distinctly, I say "one order eggs".

~ when the counterperson has entered that into the computer I say "one order sausage".

~ if I'm also ordering hash browns, I wait until they have entered the sausage into the computer, then I say "one order hash browns".

The reason for being so particular about it is if you aren't careful they will give you a breakfast and you either will get biscuits, or they will put the biscuits in the container, and then discovering their mistake take the biscuits out, leaving biscuit crumbs in your food. I've had it happen several times before refining my ordering technique.

Good luck, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa