Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

butterfly6

Grainy Stools

hi .. i have a 27 month old who has a lactose intolerance he has started having grainy stools when i googled it it came up with celiac disease . Intresting since I have a gluten intolerence for sure [celiac? never been tested! once I went off gluten and it made me feel so much better was too scared to go back on it to get tested.]has anyone else had kids with grainy stools and it's been diagnosed as celiac disease?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest Angi

I have a30 month old who I have been having trouble with since he was 4 months old. He dropped from the 50th to the 3rd percentile in a month when he started solids. He too has grainy stools but all testing done, (bloods and scope) have said he is not coeliac. I wa sjust going to go gluten free but in one month he put on over two kilos and grew over 4 centrementers so his paed said "don't change what you are doing. I have been giving him rye bread instead of wheat and cornflakes instead of wheatbix (I know they both have gluten but I have tried very low wheat) Yesterday morning he had wheatbix and today he has fluffy, grainy stools. So I thought I would let you know, I may not be much help, but you have inspired me. I need to go gluten free. Its the only way I will ever know.

I have a30 month old who I have been having trouble with since he was 4 months old. He dropped from the 50th to the 3rd percentile in a month when he started solids. He too has grainy stools but all testing done, (bloods and scope) have said he is not coeliac. I wa sjust going to go gluten free but in one month he put on over two kilos and grew over 4 centrementers so his paed said "don't change what you are doing. I have been giving him rye bread instead of wheat and cornflakes instead of wheatbix (I know they both have gluten but I have tried very low wheat) Yesterday morning he had wheatbix and today he has fluffy, grainy stools. So I thought I would let you know, I may not be much help, but you have inspired me. I need to go gluten free. Its the only way I will ever know.

it,s worth giving it a go I was really feeling ill couldn't get any advice or help from dr went to a naturopath she suggested a dairy and gluten free diet it made a huge difference.. even my thought process became clearer and i said sorry to my family for my mood swings and being a totally nuts. it really helped.

That's the tell-tale sign our son's been glutened. He's almost 3-I couldn't figure out why there was so much 'sand' in his diaper a few months ago. I even asked his pre-school teacher if he had been eating sand on the playground :rolleyes: We then went over his diet for the day and figured out he had gotten some gluten. Now I can tell EVERY time. My daughter was way out of diapers when she was diagnosed, so I had no idea that's what happened...

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)