Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sixdogssixcats

Rice Pasta ... Making My Own

I've been searching high and low and can't find directions to make rice pasta with a pasta machine. I know it's labor-intensive (done it before with wheat flour :) ) and I can buy all kinds of rice noodles at the store. I want to do it for a fun activity with my daughter. Thanks.

Lesley

Catherine's mom

Lesley

Mom of Catherine - 01/18/05 (Celiac, Reflux, Psoriasis)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

LOL ShayFL, I was just about to post the very same link!

Anyway, my first thought after reading your post is that if the pasta machine was used for wheat pasta, I'd have my doubts about getting it free of all gluten. Not sure I'd ever trust something like that myself.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Anyway, my first thought after reading your post is that if the pasta machine was used for wheat pasta, I'd have my doubts about getting it free of all gluten. Not sure I'd ever trust something like that myself.

I didn't think about that. :huh: Thanks. (Can you tell we're new to this? )

Lesley

Mom of Catherine - 01/18/05 (Celiac, Reflux, Psoriasis)

That's why we are here. :)

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!