Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedora

Air Quality In San Jose And Monterey

We are leaving tomorrow for san jose for 3 nights then monterey for two nights. Can someone tell me the air quality there. I could change plans if needed but need 2 days notice to cancel in monterey.

Thanks.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We are leaving tomorrow for san jose for 3 nights then monterey for two nights. Can someone tell me the air quality there. I could change plans if needed but need 2 days notice to cancel in monterey.

Thanks.

I don't know if this will help, but when the fires were so bad in Southern California, the local news media all had links to the most recent satellite photos showing where the smoke plumes were blowing. Also local TV and newspapers have weather and air quality pages, with current info. I don't have links to those sources, but they should be easy enough to get and provide you with the info you need. :)

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

San Jose's fine. Even when the Bay Area was at its worst, more than a wk ago, SJ was much better than most.

Monterey's been up & down, solely dependant on the wind direction. There are 2 big fires to the south, in Big Sur & Los Padres, known as the Basin Complex fire & the Indians fire respectively.

I *think* the wind isn't often bringing the smoke to Monterey. Typically the breeze would be off the ocean.

Info on fires & Monterey here http://www.ksbw.com/wildfires/index.html

&

http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/PR_OES/PR_fire.htm

Have a great time!!

I sure hope Monterey's clear.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Thank you.

"Our" fire, the paradise fire, is almost totally contained here. Our air has been fine for the most part. I know when it was bad here it was bad in monterey too.

I keep praying....

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Oops - I did hear that SJ air quality is taking a bit of a downturn due to a mini-heatwave.

I doubt it'll be too bad tho, and I think you were more concerned about horrible fire-related air. :unsure: ?

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I think it's ok now, but my mother said it was insane last weekend. She had to drive out into Carmel Valley (toward one of the fires) and left ASAP to get out because the air was so bad.

That's in the valley though, and that was last weekend. There's a huge difference between the valleys and Monterey on the coast. The air patterns should make it fine.

Gluten free since Feb 2006, Dairy and Soy free since 2009

Anemic off and on since 2003

Negative tTG Ab, IgA, Gliadin Ab IgA, wheat allergy (IgE) blood tests (Feb 2006)

Positive wheat allergy skin test(Apr 2006)and dietary response (Feb 2006)

Celiac grandmother (Dx in 1940s, "grew out of it")

Training for my first triathlon to support the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

~Amy