Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeS

Kaiser Pharmacies

I am a member of the Kaiser HMO in California, which operates its own pharmacies. They do not seem to have any standard practice for identifying gluten free medications. I recently had an experience in which the pharmacists were "too busy" to check a medications ingredients. It took them 4 days to follow up. Then one pharmacist said the medication was gluten free and another said it was not. I would be interested in hearing what kind of service any other Kaiser members have had.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think that if some joker tried to pull that stunt of being "too busy" with me, considering how sick this could make some people, I would be calling the State Medical Board next and complaining. No, they probably won't do anything, but I believe that when they finally get enough people standing up in this country for common sense and against greed, we might be able to get somewhere.

And the FDA has been outrageous on this topic as well. Ingredients need to be sourced and correctly identified.

re Kaiser, I am hoping I never ever have to go into their so - called "health care" system again.